Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 8 years ago

Thoughts on my thesis statement?

"The death penalty is a costly, obsolete form of punishment that sentences innocent people to die by inaccurate evidence or racial bias and does not deter murder as some claim." Good? How to improve? Please don't reply just to spout how I'm wrong. I actually am neutral but needed to pick a side for this paper.

Favorite Answer

Its fine as it is. You may also want to add that it is arbitrary: the death penalty doesn't apply to the worst crimes but to people with the worst lawyers.

• Haley

"The death penalty is a costly, obsolete form of punishment that sentences innocent people to die by inaccurate evidence or racial bias and does not deter murder as some claim."

What has to be argued ?

What is the question ?

'sentences innocent people to die by inaccurate evidence' -

It sentences them to die by 'lethal injection/hanging/electric chair/etc.'

May I suggest something along the lines of ....

"The death penalty is a costly and obsolescent form of punishment that sentences many, later proved to be innocent, people to die as a result of inaccurate or unaccepted evidence, possibly even bias, but does it actually act as a deterrent to murder as some claim?"

Source(s): haley

try to make example of a certain case that prove your point, why you chose that case, what can you conclude from it, how did the case changed you try to add more question and you will have more room to answer