What is going on with him? It's long?

I had dated my ex boyfriend for almost 2 years. But during Christmas break I moved to another state on short notice due to problems at home but my ex and I had chosen to stay together because I'd be moving back when the school year starts again and I'd get to see him whenever I went to my mom's house. But a week before we broke up I was on the phone with him and I had asked him if he liked anyone else and being the nosy person I am I kept bugging him until he told me he did and I couldn't help but feel even more self-conscious than I already was even though he assured me that he loved me but I left him a week later and that was the biggest mistake I have ever made. Him and I still talk as friends but I can't help but still love him. A couple weeks ago I wrote him a letter and I poured my heart out into that letter, telling him that I'd do anything to have what we had again and he told me I'm only a friend to him now. About a week later he texted me asking me if I thought he was heartless. And of course I told him no. Him and I have been talking ever since. But he constantly reminds me that he's been depressed, that he doesn't want to eat, and that he just hasn't been happy anymore. The other day he asked me if I was still going to move back and I asked him why it mattered and he said that he didn't know. I just want to know why he's telling me all of this. If I'm only a friend to them why would any of that matter?

• Kim
    Favorite Answer

You kept asking if he liked anyone else and bugged him? You brought that on yourself.. Don't deal with him. Reminds me of my ex. We dated for almost 2 years. Clearly it didn't work out with that one other girl and so he thinks you're weak for him and wants you because you care about him. Trust me. It's true. You might not think he's like that but he wants someone with him and you have to brush him off. You're entitled to love him, I still love my ex dearly. But it's not worth it. You'll find someone who lives near you who is great and loves you more than he will.

He still likes you :) He's probably just afraid to show it.