Is an 18 year old emancipated from their parents?

If they are still in high school?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

An 18 year old is a legal adult in most US states. I believe that there's still at least one state where the adult age is 19. Being in high school or not makes absolutely no difference as to whether you're considered an adult at 18 or 19. That is, graduating from high school does NOT make you a legal adult in any state.

• 4 years ago

It appears like they suppose due to the fact they're fighting over institution and little one aid disorders, you haven't any rights over your own character. You already are legally an grownup. You don't have any reason to seek emancipation. They appear to wish you to free up them from their courtroom ordered aid of your education. Inform them they ought to fight it out between their lawyers and that you will not enable them to make use of you as an excuse to hurt each different. Good good fortune to you. With moms and dads like that, you can also need it. Edit: After once more reading your query, I see that you just hadn't worded it the way I took it... However, no court docket will ever provide you emancipation and free your mum and dad of their duty only to position it on the backs of taxpayers. A significant a part of being emancipated is the capacity to take care of ones possess wants without the support of the state.

• 8 years ago

As an 18 year old you're an adult BUT this doesn't mean you get to do as you please and still live in your parents house. Your parents now have the right to kick you out with no notice this also means they don't have to let you have ANY of the stuff they bought for you over the years.

• 8 years ago

18 means you are an adult. So yes.

This means that while you can move out if you want, your parents also have no legal obligation to provide you with any financial support of any kind if they so choose. So consider your actions carefully.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

You're not emancipated, You're an adult. You could drop out if you wanted to and they couldn't stop you, though I do not recommend doing that.

• R K
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

at 18, your an adult, you don't need emancipated.

• Elson
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

18 year old is an adult.

• 8 years ago

depends on the state you live in

some states you are 18 which means you are an adult

some states you graduate making you an adult

some states its whatever comes first.

• 8 years ago

if you 18 and still live under their roof no. so move out

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.