? asked in HealthMental Health · 8 years ago

Is there such thing as word dyslexia.....?

I know there probably isn't, but I've just been curious about this: I write a lot, but I've realized that I'll be thinking about one word (I know what it means, what I want to say and how to spell and I see the letters and everything), but I end up writing something completely different and I don't even notice!

What I Meant = What I Wrote

Won = One

Surface = Service

Through = Threw

Weigh = Way

And some others I can't remember right now. It happens while I type or hand print. So, out of curiosity, is there a name for this, my brain's screwing with me or is this just completely normal? Thanks! (And please no rude comments?)

Just in case, I'm really good in English (I don't normally misspell words), I just sometimes write down the wrong words, if that helps, lol

Favorite Answer

Hi there :) I'm dyslexic, what you've just said is a common things do daily. But, you could have it really mildly. Nothing to worry about :) btw, just because you're good at English doesn't mean anything haha, English lit was my strong point, language on the other hand. Not so good hahaha. You can go and get it checked, if you notice what you've done then its not a big deal tbh. I live with that every day. Oh, poor Troy :/ probably didn't get the attention he needed as a child. It's okay Troy.

Source(s): Life

Uhh, the first guy clearly doesn't know what he's talking about...

dyslexia is a disorder people have that makes them have difficulty reading, writing or interpreting words. You probably have that, I'd go get it checked out for a formal diagnosis

I agree with Rachel and I think Troy is just trying to be cute. Anyway, dyslexia is when a person has trouble reading. One of my friends has it and she mixes up words, just like you. Though I'd get a formal diagnosis, just to be sure (people on here have opinions, but we're not experts).