Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareAdd-ons · 8 years ago

Does any manufacturer make this kind of cable?

I have a card reader that uses an internal 19-pin connector. My case has USB 3.0 on the front I/O, which also uses an internal 19-pin connector. The problem is, my motherboard only has 1 internal 19-pin header. I was going to try and get some kind of splitter that could make my one header into 2, but I was told that wouldn't work. So my question is, does any manufacturer make a cable that can take a cable, say, from the card reader and turn it into a cable that could plug into a USB 3.0 port on the back I/O? I hope that made sense. If you need me to elaborate, I will try and expand the question to make it more understandable. Thanks in advance.

1 Answer

  • Bob
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Electronic parts house or supplier could sell you adapters easy way or a shop could make you a cable...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.