Is water damage reversible on a book?

Long story short, a book that I'm borrowing for school got slightly wet while in my backpack. I Immediately put a paper towel between each wet page and then set an even weight on top. This helped a bit, and the pages aren't as warped as they could be. The trouble is, they still are a little bit! Is there any way to get it looking even more normal? I had a friend tell me that if you exposed the pages to a little bit of steam from boiling water and then put a weight on it then it would help. Has anyone tried this? I would appreciate any answers. I need to return it in two days--eep! and I don't want to get chewed out for not taking care of it.

Favorite Answer

No, once its damaged its damaged i'm afraid

• deroos

hi, I even have relatively some joint circumstances i'm in my 20s additionally and that i've got Raynaud's phenomenon, my palms and feet do the comparable subject even in summer season or while i'm aboard! They go very numb and white and that i conflict to variety or pay with money while they're like that, I additionally soreness yet thats using my joint concern. All my palms are affected yet i've got in basic terms had it in a my thumb and index finger when I even have had all of it my life and became clinically determined while i became 19. terrific subject to do is to make certain your surgeon, they could help. there isn't any scientific care yet i'm fantastically constructive you could take drugs to help your circulate, i won't be in a position to as i'm hyper-comfortable. donning 2 or 3 pairs of gloves help and a few pairs of sock or heat boots like uggs, i detect interior the chilly leather-based makes my feet worse and that i've got long gone out in slippers before!!! I even have discovered supplements help and that i take vit B, D, folic acid and E and that i spotted i became plenty warmer after taking those, it did take some months for any impression. in basic terms save heat and seem after your self.

I've never found it reversible. I've lost a lot of books to water damage over the years.