I feel like cutting, for the first time?

I dont know, lately i've been feeling really down, ugly and like im not good enough. This is a combination of my friends being bitchy, no boys ever taking a fancy to me and i feel like all i do with my parents is argue. Everyone thinks im really happy and that i have no problems, everyone always tells me their problems and they expect that i have none and i feel like i cant confide in anyone.

Everytime i feel down i think about cutting, i've never done it before, never got even close. I don't feel suicidal or anything but i feel like doing it everytime i feel ****. I have a friend that cuts and i'm trying to help her get through it, but she always says it makes her feel better which is probably why i think about it.

I dont want to start because i know its meant to be addictive but i cant help feeling that one day im going to be so upset that i will do it.

What can I do? and PLEASE don't say tell a friend/parent. Friends will surely tell other people because they 'care' and my parents will flip out and think im insane if i ever told them i felt like cutting.

Favorite Answer

I started cutting when I was thirteen years old. I am now eighteen. I've been struggling to quit for...quite some time. I felt like I was invisible. Nobody noticed me, nobody cared. I tried so hard to do everything right and be the perfect child, and I did so much right, but as soon as I made one tiny mistake, I got my *** handed to me by my parents. I felt worthless. I didn't want to die, I was just hurting so bad inside that I needed to do something about it.

Once you start, you can't stop. People who have no experience don't understand how much of an addiction it is. They think "It hurts! If you don't want to do it, it should be super easy to just STOP!" It doesn't make any sense. For me, it got to the point where I would have at least twenty cuts on various parts of my body on a daily basis. Whenever something happened that upset me or made me angry, I would pick my razor. Then look at myself in the mirror and feel so guilty. I'm trying to warn you. It's not something that you can just do once.

I'm not saying that you have to tell your parents, or all of your friends. Heck, my parents still don't know that I'm a cutter. However, it really does help to have one person, just one, who you can talk to sometimes. Not about cutting. But somebody who knows what you're dealing with and who you can call when you're feeling like crap and say "just talk to me." If you can distract yourself, you aren't going to cut. When you get the feeling that you want to, you need to find something to do to get your mind off of it. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to email me. Sometimes it's easier to talk to a stranger.

• Please don't start cutting. I used to self harm and there's no need to start cutting. If you start self harming you will become addicted to doing so and it will be hard to stop. There are other ways to deal with your problems and issues. If you have blades or knives or anything you were considering to harm yourself with then get rid of them so you wont feel any temptation. If you ever feel the urge to cut then buy a stress ball and this is a lot of help - count to ten, concentrate on your breathing and keep squeezing the ball until you stop feeling the urge to cut. You will feel so much better and your emotions & feelings will be diverted to the stress ball.

Writing your emotions and feelings helps a lot. Write down what you are feeling and your emotions on a piece of paper, and then analyse it and try & understand what you are going through. After you have gone through it then rip the paper up and watch it float away like a butterfly (: you will feel a lot better, and in control, and it's very therapeutic.

Talk to your school counsellor or guidance counsellor. They will help a lot and give you good advice, and you shouldn't have to suffer in silence. If you talk to somebody it it will help a lot and you'll feel better. What you say is in private so you don't have to worry about somebody finding out.

Good luck HUGS xoxo

Source(s): mentor & experience

1. friends come and go.

2. boys are stupid so you don't need them.

3. parents want you to be happy but they also want the best for you - 2 things which will always clash.

Become addicted to something else - log on Tumblr or Facebook and find a fandom to distract yourself with.

There is nothing whatsoever to be gained by cutting - you could say you need to *cut* the badness out of your life.

Good luck.

:)

Let me ask you a question. Do you think by cutting yourself will make you happy?

The only thing that cutting yourself will make you feel is pain. Not only that but you will scar your

skin. Then your going to hide your body because your ashame to show your skin because of your scars. Blood makes me nervous.

please don't! It is addicting! talk to somebody-MOM or aunt or gma or best friend. you may not want to do that, but at least ask to go see a therapist-it helps and is completely confidental (no gossiping). Also, start writing stuff down. It helps to just release everything!

on a lighter note, I love your profile pic ;)

User a new, sterile blade: sharp enough and you''ll hardly feel it and clean so it won't get infected so you'll have nice, neat scars.

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO! please no. it only makes things worse. Find something else. Trust me, I wish I never started cutting. It is very addicting an I really don't recommend it to anyone! please don't.