Do you think North Korea is behind the bombing is Boston?

It is noteworthy to mention that North Korea held a marathon within the past three days inviting foreigners from over 18 different countries.

Well the difference between North Korea and other countries would be their escalating rhetoric in the past few weeks, I know they have threatened to nuke us so what is necessarily stopping them from having someone inside america. Nothing. It seems odd that North Korea held a marathon inviting 18 different countries from around the world a day before we get bombed when they have been threatening to launch an attack on america for well over a month. That's my logic i don't necessarily believe they are behind the attack but i would like to hear others opinions until any news is confirmed.

Favorite Answer

Think about it, they are country with nuclear capability. I think if North Korea was going to bomb America I think they would plan to take out half the city if not all of it, instead of 200 yards worth of street. You would also have more than 3 deaths on your hands. The question is are you wanting North Korea to be behind it because there is a lot of angry people in this world that would like to cause chaos. But by the question and the additional details that you have given us you have more or less surmised that the koreans are behind the bombing when the president doesn't even know.

Source(s): Me

They were bombs. Police just defused the third one. Apparently they were, "packages" or "paper bags" that were laid against the wall(s) of the businesses that were near the finish line. They exploded when a lot of people were crossing (I would wager it just a timed explosion). If it wasn't North Korea and Iran will not take credit for it (but the fingers point to them), I could see the Mossad or some rogue element in Israel. The timing is a little strange (we're at that 'red line' with regard to Iran's nuclear program). This is all speculation, obviously.

One angle in all of this is the fact John Kerry was the former senator from Mass. and this past weekend he was in the news a lot about what the US would do if North Korea launched a missile. A possible connection?

I have a hunch that yes, it was North Korea. Given the tension on the Korean Peninsula right now and Kim Jong Eun's threats it would make alot of sense. The location makes sense too (Boston is one of the furthest places from NK in America geographically and NK would be trying to extend their power as far as possible to show their power and scare us)

We'll see as things unfold tho.

I can think of many possible culprits behind this... assuming it is a bomb, which we don't know yet... but North Korea is no where near the top of the list.

What is your logic? There have no doubt been marathons in several cities around the world in recent days, are those countries also culpable in your view?

Possible!! today was Kim Il-Sung's birthday.. and North korea wants to show that they could also sneak a nuke to the U.S. and explode it !!

Source(s): my thought

Although it is likely to connect the bombing in Boston to NK, I highly doubt it. The situation has a lot of "homegrown" aspects.

It was also stated that it was a homegrown bomb

Kim Jong Un said he'll nuke USA, i guess his invincible technology worked!

no