Can I get advanced SCUBA certification through SSI?

I am OW certified and need advanced certification to be allowed to dive at a wreck that is at 120' depth. I found a course that gives me the SSI instruction from deep diving, boat diving, and wreck diving. If I take this course will that count or no?

Favorite Answer

Yes, the SSI deep diving certification will meet your needs. If you want to actually go inside the wreck instead of just exploring the outside of it I strongly encourage the wreck diving certification as well.

I want to commend you as it is smart to look into getting some more advanced training to dive at depth. There are safety considerations, the biggest one being getting "narced" that you need to be aware of.

Source(s): 21 year SCUBA diver and current SCUBA instructor.

Yes it does.

Remember, there are no diving police. As long as you have been properly taught the skills, and use them, you should be fine.