Christians: Is it wrong for a guy to..you know...do that thing that guys do?

So, back in July 2012, I met this amazing Christian guy who happens to live extremely far away from me. So we started talking online together, and in December he came to visit me. Then he left again, and we kept talking, and then in March he surprised me by coming down to visit me once again. This time, he asked my dad if he could date me. My dad said "Yup, when she turns 16."

I'm turning 16 in June, so, I guess he'll be my boyfriend then... (Yay!)

Anyways, a while ago, he admitted to me that he has watched…that stuff on the internet...before. He's prayed about it and asked God to forgive him, and now he was asking me to forgive him, so I did.

But recently, I found out (and not from him) that he "jacks off". I'm not sure how often he does it, and I'm not sure if I should ask him about it, because he's not the one who told me about it.

So here's my question: is it really wrong, if a guy jacks off?

I'm worried about it, and I'm been praying about it, but I'm really not sure what to do. I don't want a boyfriend who has thoughts like that running through his head…

I don't want to ask/tell anyone else…Yeah…I don't know…any advice I could get would be appreciated :)

Favorite Answer

dear everyone does this. Few years later u will also do. Its very natural. If someone doesnt then he/she is not natural.

Alright I was looking through the other answers and I don't want to be rude, but I'm not sure they're thinking Christian thoughts (sorry to judge). Anyways, from my personal faith I think it isn't something that Christians should do. By masturbating he is having sexual thoughts. Watching porn would also be considered having sexual thoughts. Some examples in scripture

Matt 5:28-29 (NIV) [Jesus:] "But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell."

Meaning porn would be commiting adultery, or in this case since you guys are not married, having sex before marriage.

Eph 5:3 (NIV) But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people.

Sexual immorality can be taken in many different ways, so you can interpret this in your own way.

1Th 4:2-8 (NIV) For you know what instructions we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus. It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God... For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God, who gives you his Holy Spirit.

Pretty self-explanatory, tells us to control our bodies.

Peter 4:1-2 (Wey) Since, then, Christ suffered in the flesh, you also must arm yourselves with a determination to do the same--because he who has suffered in the flesh has done with sin--that in the future you may spend the rest of your earthly lives, governed not by human passions, but by the will of God.

Humanely passions could be considered sex and masturbation. Fill in the blanks :)

I would talk to your boyfriend first and ask him if this is true. Maybe over text if you can't do it face-to-face. Ask him why if he does, and if he responds with something explain to him that since we are Christians we should have desire for sex, but resist until we are married, and stay faithful to our spouse. By masturbating you are controlling your desire, but fanticizing which Jesus says is just as bad.

Hope everything turns out OK :)

God bless

Every guy jacks off it's normal. Even with watching things on the Internett.. If hea sweet enough to come down and ask your dad for permission on dating you then he's good don't worry..

If it is "wrong" for a guy to jack off, then EVERY male on the planet, and most of the females are "wrong". It is indeed unfortunate that you and he are so brainwashed by religion that you have to ask this question.

No its not. You need to understand that its perfectly normal for a boy/man to masturbate. Not to mention its up keeps prostate health. As for the thought... Those will be there regardless but dont you think him masturbating is better than seeing someone else or worse?

I, personally, do not believe it's wrong if a guy "jacks off." It's normal. Everyone has those thoughts, Christian or not. We're all human. I don't believe it's something to stress about. As long as he does not force you to do anything before you're ready, I don't think there's anything to worry about.

Please answer mine:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AmrSH...

Source(s): Christian

If he doesn't do it, he might need to go to the doctor later because of complications. It's in his best interest to do it. It's perfectly natural, and the bible doesn't forbid it, directly.

• VTer

OK, ALL guys jerk the weasel. ALL. So, no, it's not wrong.

Listen, you should be worried if he DOESN'T jerk it. It's a normal thing that guys do.