I really need help/advice? It's about school? Well, kind of about school...?

Oh, my goshhh. I am freaking out right now, I just don't know what to do. I already asked a question kinda related to this about a week ago (I figured it was worth mentioning if you read it) but now my situation just keeps getting worse. I missed quite a bit of school this year, mostly I was sick but also I sometimes find it difficult to go to school. So a couple months ago I ended up doing some classes online so that way I don't have to go to school all day. I thought it would be a good idea and for a while it was but then I missed a few days because I was sick and then I missed a few more days because I just couldn't seem to get my lazy *** out of bed and face the day.... yeah, I'm kind of a loser, I hate myself when I do that but that's not the problem right now. So I've missed quite a bit of school but I still do my classes online everyday. My grades aren't great and today my mom had a meeting with my guidance counselor. I didn't go because I haven't felt well all week and woke up with a fever so that was my excuse of the day. My mom went to work right after so I haven't talked to her but I got an email from my guidance counselor, she gave me two choices.

- go to school on a daily basis for the rest of the year and work 4 hours a day online. (I know that I won't be able to commit to that)

or

- quit the classes I take at school and accept a failing grade for the year. (I don't know why this was even given as an option, I need those to graduate and without taking them this year I won't graduate on time)

she said that if I hadn't made up my mind by tomorrow morning and told her my choice by 9 am. that they were going to report me to Adelphoi Village for day treatment. I didn't know that they could do that, I wasn't even told about this any time before. I'm not actually 100% sure what Adelphoi is or what day treatment is I always thought it was where bad kids are sent, the ones who get into fights and do drugs. I'm not a bad kid I just don't go to school everyday. I don't see why I can't just take all of my classes on line, a few months ago that was an option, why isn't it anymore? I just don't want to go to school anymore and I feel like nobody is actually trying to help me. I'm just really upset right now.

I'm not asking you to help me make a decision, or even understand any of what I'm talking about right now. I'm just asking for some advice, I don't know what to do, I feel like all of my problems have piled up and now I'm left with a huge mess to pick up. I just want to run away to get away from it all. please help.

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong category.

Favorite Answer

First, you are not in the wrong category. You're dealing with decisions about school, and you need to make the right ones. You should talk this situation over with your mom. Don't try to handle it all by yourself. The counselor has told you what the choices are, and you need to look very carefully at them. You have told yourself that going to school for the rest of the year and working four hours a day online is not a choice. Sorry, but I think it is one. The year will end in early June (for many school systems) so you're looking at dealing with this for about eight weeks or so. Handling it that way will eliminate the possibility of your not graduating on time. You say you don't want to miss "graduating on time," but if you are really dedicated to getting things turned around, you're going to have to put in some effort. Let your mom advise you about what to do, and think about which of the two alternatives (graduating late or struggling to do the work for eight weeks) will be the least acceptable. Base your decision on those two sources of input.