Are you a fan of biblical names or do you think?

they are too common?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

i feel that Paul, Naomi, Ruth, and Abraham are underused

• 8 years ago

I love biblical names, my sons middle name is Matthew. Biblical names are used a lot but most parents don't use it cuz of the biblical reference, they use cuz they like it. When a parent chooses a name it should have meaning behind it.

• 8 years ago

Just like with every origin of names there are some I like and some I dislike. I do agree there are some that are completely overused, but they are many others that are modern, beautiful, and have really good meanings.

Favorite Biblical boy name: Ezekiel

Girl name: Lydia

• blank
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

I love biblical names.

Source(s): blank
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

I am a fan of some but not others. Plus a lot of them aren't over used. Sure names like Rachel, Rebecca, John, James, Jacob and so forth are used a lot but there are plenty of name that aren't, some examples:

Naomi

Apphia

Ruth

Eve

Micah

Delilah (not the nicest person but still a pretty name)

Elijah

Sarai

Abel

I could go on for a while

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I think that there are some biblical names that are very common and some we don't hear as much. The bible has so many cool names to choose from. :)

Source(s): I love names & make name videos: www.youtube/com/TulipByAnyName
  • Megan
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

I wouldn't use common ones like John or David personally, but i do love names like Silas and Noah which are more "new" sounding if that makes sense. I love names that have some meaning even if i'm not religious, i hate trendy made up names

• 8 years ago

I adore the Biblical names, apart from being meaningful, historical, they have proved themselves to have stood the test of time and will again.

Apart from Biblical names, I adore names that are wholesome, have history and meaning to them and that have been repeated throughout history several times, it just feels to me that one is giving a name of worth to their child.

Source(s): Ordained Priest
  • 8 years ago

Some biblical names love Malachi, Elijah, Jeremiah, and Noah.

• 8 years ago

Yes. Isaiah, Isaac, Joseph, there's many good biblical names! They are all pretty common but with the right combinations it's doable.

• 8 years ago

Some I like and might use.

Ruth

Esther

Miriam

Elizabeth

Pieter

Jacob/Jakob

Jeiel

Matthew

Michael

Malachi

others I don't like and wouldn't use, just as with any other category of names.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.