Who was the more dominating and Skillful QB Dan Fouts or Joe Namath?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I saw both of them play.. Namath was better....

• Tony
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Fouts by a long shot. Namath had two or three good seasons, and wouldn't be remembered if he hadn't gotten lucky paying the Colts without a healthy Unitas. Fouts was the best QB in the league in the early 80s, Namath was never better than third in his day.

To put it in a present day context, Namath is Tony Romo and Fouts is Peyton Manning.

• D
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

This isn't even close, it's Fouts by a mile. Namath was actually barely better than an average QB that ran his mouth at the right time. If Unitas doesn't have a torn shoulder in Super Bowl III, then the Colts blow the Jets out of the water and no one even remembers the name Namath. He was lucky, but sometimes luck is better than skill.

• stan l
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Fouts and that's from a lifelong Raiders fan who dreaded having to play Fouts. Namath was PR personified and Fouts was a top of the line QB. He was so much better than Namath on the field that there was no comparison. Fouts throwing to Charlie Joiner was a thing of beauty.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Fouts, and it is NOT close.

Joe Namath is one fo the most overrated QBs in NFL history. He actually was never an elite player. He had a few good years, but he became much more famous than he deserved because he made a ridiculous boast, and his RB and defense backed him up and won the game for him. Namath should not be in the HoF.

• Juan
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

Dan Fouts! He's probably the best chargers QB in Charger history. Namath just ran his mouth but didnt even play well in his superbowl win. I'm sorry but if you barely beat the backup qb for the colts then you shouldnt even be considered in the hall of fame. Namath is so overrated

• Greg
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

I'd say Joe Namath, just because I've never heard of Dan Fouts lol.

• 8 years ago

Fouts was the better passer.

Though Namath had moxie, and has a Super Bowl ring.

• 8 years ago

Most people here didn't even see Fouts play, let alone Namath. Not the best venue to ask this.

• 8 years ago

Namath

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Joe Namath Sucked. Pull up his occupation numbers in case you will like a snicker. the actuality he's interior the hall of attractiveness and one in all of the precise one hundred gamers of all time is an absolute joke.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.