17 weeks pregnant ! I HAVE TONS OF QUESTIONS?

Today I am 17 weeks pregnant and my next doctor visit is April 25th and my ultrasound is the 23!

I was just wondering if some of you could answer me pregnancy questions ..!

1- when I go for my ultrasound will they be able to tell me if its a boy or girl or is that to soon?

2- how much water should I be drinking ? I usually drink two of my water bottles a day and they are 24oz ? Is that enough

3- I usually put lemon in my water because I find its Easyer for me to drink more without feeling so bloated after is that okay ?

4 - I get really bad chairle horses and pains in my lower legs around the caft area and really bad headaches ? Should I be concerned

5 also I haven't even really started to show a baby bump yet ? When did you guys start showing also I'm young so I don't know when I'll show but I'm so excite to ! I feel like since I jut look bloated right now tha I might just pop soon or later and have a big baby belly ! Let me know around what weeks you guys started to show :)

• Har$

1-You should be able to find out at this point. I was 16 weeks when I found out that I am having a girl.

2-You are drinking a great amount of water. No need to up the amount unless you are more thirsty :-)

3-Lemon is fine with your water

4-Charlie horses and pains in lower legs are very normal during pregnancy. I was told to take calcium w/ vitamin D. Suppose to help with the leg cramps. The headaches are normal as well. For my headaches I was told to drink a little bit of caffeine, take some tylenol and get some rest.

5-Every woman shows at different stages. I always showed early with my pregnancies. People could tell I was pregnant by 17 weeks lol.

1. i found out at 18 weeks, so its possible to see the gender this early, but it could be wrong too. Depends on the baby's devlopment.

2. The standard 8 glasses a day is enough. I honestly didnt drink water religiously every day and my baby was huge and healthy. I never had any pregnancy complications either.

3. Yes, lemon is okay.

4. No, i got those too and they are just pregnancy related. You have twice as much blood volume as unpregnant women are, so your body is having to figure out how to work differently. You will get tons of aches and pains and 99% of them will be harmless and normal. Just wait for the back pain and braxton hicks contractions... FUN!! Lol

5. I didnt start showing until 16ish weeks. It just kind of showed up one day. Kinda cool... But everyone's bump pops at a different time. Sometimes it takes up until 26, 28, 30 weeks for a real bump to appear, but it really depends on your body size, shape and how you are carrying your baby.

Congrats and good luck!!

Headaches are normal & the leg cramping. Your legs are cramping because yu are carrying extra weight. Yu should be drinking 8 cups of water a day. They may do an ultrasound may not but yu will get it. After this appointment coming maybe. Oh and the lemon is fine. I didn't drink much water at first and my doc told me to do the same thing

Source(s): Mommy of 4.8