Would you consider this a date?

So I went out to eat and to the movies with one of my guy friends recently. What I had perceived it as was a girl and a guy just hanging out going to the movies and talking and whatnot. All of my friends keep telling me that it was definitely a date but I don't think it was. He payed for my food but not my ticket, and the fact that he payed for the food has my friends convinced that it was a date. I've never been on a date before, and I'm 18 (kind of pathetic, I'm not proud of it) so I guess I'm not very knowledged about what an actual date is, but I felt like this wasn't what a date would be at all. No moves were made and the movie wasn't what would be considered a "date movie". What do you people think? :)

Favorite Answer

I am with you and would say no. Not sure what it is called - but do enjoy it for what it was, fun.