Did she reject me or not?

Good signs:

1. She waited 30 minutes for me. No joke, after our midterm.

2. She asked me to go swing dancing with her ( I couldn't make it unfortunatly. I meant to ask her out but she beat me to it)

3. She seems comfortable around me.

Bad signs:

1. She often leaves me with broken text conversations.

2. I ALWAYS start the conversations.

Those are the only bad signs. ALL the bad signs are virtual in texting. She asked me to swing dance but I couldn't make it. We rescheduled and then SHE couldn't make it. She told me this beforehand that she wasn't sure if she could come and apologized profusely when she said she couldn't.

She hasn't been in a relationship before and neither have I. So today, I decided to go for it and asked her to go bowling with me. This is pretty close to what was said:

Me: So...<Her name>. I haven't been bowling in a long time and maybe next weekend, maybe this weekend, I'm not sure, I'm thinking of going and I was wondering...would you like to come?

Her: I'd like to but.....I'm flat broke.

Me: I'll pay for you if you want.

Her: No its ok. I'd feel bad if you did.

Thankfully, I timed the conversation JUST RIGHT so we had to part ways right afterwards. I don't know if she rejected me or not. I HAVE overreacted to a sign or two that turned out to be something harmless. Part of me says that she might REALLY be flat broke. The other part of me says "You just got rejected"

Did I get rejected or not? Is there anything I can do? Girls I like are far and few so I probably won't get another one for a while to come. If she's a lost cause, please tell me. I don't mind the pain. I can suck it up.

Also:

She is going off to college and seems to want to save some money. I'm not sure if that's a relevant detail but still.

I'm Indian (Born and raised in the US. No wierd accent) so I'm not going to be massively shocked if she just sees me "as a friend".

Reason I'm concerned about being Indian is that, I think I might have been rejected/ignored before due to my dark skin. It may VERY WELL be that I'm just trying to justify the fact that I wasn't good enough. I'm very sorry if that might have offended anyone and I greatly hope it doesn't matter.

Favorite Answer

I don't see why your race is important. Its a skin color. Moving on. You could be in the garden. Its like the friendzone, but my term for it. In the garden, there are plants, which you are right now. Those that bloom have a chance of getting picked, others are weeds, and some are just little ferns that just get to sit there and make the garden look and feel pretty and full. It sounds like it could be either way, but that she did like you previously. I would try maybe asking her out on a date to do something free, like going to a park or something, and see what she says. If she still says no, then ask her out one more time, and if she says no then just resign yourself to the garden. It seems to me that she may just not be in the dating game atm, or that she is worried about dating this soon to leaving, or she might really be broke. But try again and see what happens, because she definitely liked you earlier.

Also, http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AjLRV...

Email me if you have any questions you'd like me to address in a video and I'll email you a link if I can help.

The way you asked her made it sound like you were just asking her to hang out, and there might have been other people going. Say flat out :do you want to go out with me". If you beat around the bush then she will too and neither of you will know for sure what the other person wants. It sounds like she would like to go out with you if she knew it was a date.