Should I draw wild animals in color or black and white?

I love to sketch things in black an white, but I feel like it will take away from the animal? I wanna draw things like wolves, tigers, snakes. Interesting / dangerous animals

• Adam
    Favorite Answer

I think you should do them in black and white first, then photocopy them so you can do the same picture but coloured in.

See which one you like better but personally, I think black and white looks more professional but colour is more exciting and eye catching.

Please make a new post with the pictures! I love Tigers and will love to see your picture, try doing a Polar Bear too as they're cool aswell.

Polar Bears and Tigers are the best animals to walk on Earth.

I would try a few in black and white, and then try a few in color, or with color added to a black and white drawing, and compare them. See which ones you think look better, and which ones you enjoyed drawing more. Maybe get a second opinion from friends, family, or an artist or art teacher you know. You wont know until you try. Good luck!

Actually some animals do not need color like skunks or certain bears even. Color in the detail after drawing the animal. Remember some vary by color or colors. Some dogs are one color as well.

Source(s): Former Art Student