Gia asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 8 years ago

My friend committed suicide and I'm taking it really hard?

Someone I used to know committed suicide not to long ago. I wasn't close with this person but the fact that I know someone who committed suicide devastates me. I keep thinking about it. She was bullied. No one saw it coming. She was so popular and fun. I haven't talked to her in years but it's affecting me a lot. I'm always sick to my stomach. I can't sleep. What can I do to get over this? :(

Favorite Answer

The only thing you can do is try to find a way to come to terms with the fact that it wasn't your fault. You were not the one bullying her. And then, because I know that isn't enough, try to get involved in some sort of organization to prevent suicide. Volunteer for a hotline, or be a peer counselor, maybe go see a counselor for yourself. Talk to people around you about how you are feeling, if they knew her too they are probably feeling the same way and want to talk about it as well. But I think the best course of action for you is to 1) come to terms, 2) talk to people about how you feel, and 3) get involved in measures to prevent other people from committing suicide. Doing something helps, trust me.

Email me if you have any questions you'd like me to address in a video and I'll email you a link if I can help.

Also,

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AicEu...

HA!