What makes the Bible true and other "holy" books false?

After doing some research, I found that there are thousands of religious books. So what makes the bible better than the others?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

God's Word is not written on paper. Although the entire Bible is not the Word of God, God's Word is more prevalent in the Bible than any other scripture. With the help of the HOLY GHOST, God's Word is revealed through searching the Bible.

• 8 years ago

The Bible happens to be the collection of religious writings that forms the background of my belief system.

That doesn't mean it's entirely true. It's got quite a number of well-known minor inconsistencies. Some of the stories in it were clearly intended as myths: those story details aren't intended to be read as literally true; that would miss the point. As an accumulation of material by different writers over a thousand-year span of history, it expresses many different points of view. Some of the later writers explicitly or implicitly take issue with earlier material, so it's not a manifesto so much as it is an argument.

Nor do the writers have a monopoly on truth. It's worth reading many other religious books. The primary reason for reading any of them is simply to find out what the writers had to say. The older they are, the more likely the writers offer an unfamiliar, and therefore useful, perspective.

The Bible is a book. A good book. But it’s not the only book.

-- "Henry Drummond," in "Inherit the Wind" by Jerome Lawrence and Robert E. Lee

There were one thousand, two hundred and eighty-three religious books in there now, each one—according to itself—the only book any man need ever read. It was sort of nice to see them all together.

-- Terry Pratchett, "Small Gods"

• deroos
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

The Bible is known by utilising many to be the understand God. it relatively is as a results of the fact the regulations teach a achievable thank you to stay for the human beings who necessary those regulations. If I knew the thank you to teach all and sundry what to do, and my theory labored to cause them to prosper and stay to tell the story between different peoples, i ought to call it the understand God, and be believed. The e book of Mormon is an occasion of the comparable concept and so are relatively some different religious writings of distinctive religions and distinctive peoples. you get carry of an issue with that?

• 8 years ago

Salaams dear Asker...

you are mistaken. The Holy Bible is The True Word of our LORD inshallah.

as are all Holy Books of God.!

your research is obviously limited. read Psalm 133.

dust in the wind dude... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKtIAzU2aGE

Youtube thumbnail

Psalm 127:1, Proverbs 3, 8-9... Holy Qur'an... 10:37 et al.

wa salaams.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Sum
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Hahahaha - true, hu?

If you're actually interested in this instead of just pushing your particular BS, get a copy of "Misquoting Jesus" off of Amazon. It's pretty neat to actually learn something about the bible from a real scholar instead of some religious moron.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Simple, the Holy Bible in written in English, the language of our Heavenly God and Father, its not written in Chinese or Arabic, silly.

• 8 years ago

To the best of my knowledge, the Bible is the only book that proclaims that it is true.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Jesus gives authority to Peter to instruct the Church, and because successors of Peter have the same authority, one such successor assembled what should be followed in the Bible.

• 8 years ago

Preference.

• 8 years ago

All the books are human guesses. All bibles are human guesses.

Skip this silly stuff and live in the real world, it can be fun in here.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.