Jshaida asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 8 years ago

when I get my weave taken out will my hair come out?

Im about to get my sew in taken out which ive had for about 6 Weeks. during the 6 Weeks, I would moisturize and maintain my hair underneath, but I recently heard that you shed alot of hair when getting your weave taken out. Is this true? (btw ive been transitioning for about 11 months)

Favorite Answer

Well u typically lose 50-100 strands a day. So after 6 weeks of course you are going to have a lot of shedding but your not going to have like a bald spot or thinner hair.

I highly doubt that getting a weave will damage your hair enough to fall out completely. Weaving will damage hair, but it won't cause all your hair to fall out. In other words, you damaged your hair, but not enough to become bald. I don't know the facts on this procedure. I am however almost certain that your hair will be fine and that this is a common procedure.

Trim the ends of your hair every 3-4 months and let the damage grow itself out. You need to keep trimming the ends to allow new hair to grow in and replace the damaged hair.