Why do people always say that porn gives men unrealistic expectations of women?

Don't they know most people are able to tell reality from porn? Isn't that insulting because they are insinuating that men aren't smart enough to differentiate the two?

I mean you could say women have unrealistic expectations from erotic novels or romance movies they watch but obviously most women are smart enough to know it's fiction.

What are your thoughts?

Favorite Answer

Let me rephrase your question: Why do feminists care what single men do in private on their own free time?

You have to understand that we're not dealing with ordinary people in this age, we're dealing with feminist nutjobs that want to ban everything that they don't like. It's the new craze.

[*] Just a few years back, Christians women were trying to ban Marilyn Manson and Eminem records because they believed their kids would listen to it and want to shoot up a school: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7GBGaC4ahY

Youtube thumbnail

[*] In 2000, it was M.A.D.D. moms trying to ban alcohol: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-prohibitionism

[*] In 1993, they wanted to ban Mortal Combat and other violent video games: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwIfnS1ewgQ

Youtube thumbnail

[*] Then way back in 1984, it was Tipper Gore trying to ban "obscene" music. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0Vyr1TylTE

Youtube thumbnail

The pattern here is that it's WOMEN trying to ban boy activities. Notice that nobody is trying to ban Barbie because her unrealistic figure makes women anorexic, or Cosmopolitan Magazine and romance novels... Women are selfish, scared and greedy beings that don't really value free speech, rights and personal choice. The hot topic today is Senator Feinstein (of course a woman), leading the fight against guns.

Men aren't trying to ban:

GUNS

VIOLENT GAMES

PORN

ALCOHOL

CIGARETTES

Personally, I think smoking is stupid, but it should be YOUR CHOICE to do something stupid to yourself like piss your life away on the X-Box or jerk off to a computer screen every night. Women who want to ban everything men like and not because they want to protect us (we can do that one just fine), but because they want to control us. Feminism is the biggest hoax of the 21st century and they're doing a spectacular job pulling off this coup under the guise of "women's rights" and "women's health" Feminists want to ban porn because they want us to be dependent on them so they can make us open jars and built closets for them. Nobody seems to get it.

Wow, I totally did not answer your question... Or did I?

It can give men unrealistic expectations. There are certain preferences/expectations that men have, that were clearly influenced by porn. Before porn became so easily accessible, guys didn't have those

preferences nearly as much.

A guy won't read an educational book to learn about sex, he'll probably watch porn first. Porn shouldn't be someone's first introduction to sex. Anyway, some people strongly believe that porn has negative effects on a man's brain and body. There are videos and articles about it. That's why some men are trying to

quit watching it, because they feel healthier/better without it.

2

Source(s): Girl Alone Live Webcam : http://camgz.com/?hAlD
  • WWCSD

I had a great relationship once and porn was one of the factors why we failed, it wasn't the main one but it had a role to play.

After watching porn for many years, your mind and body will not be as excited to see a woman as it was before unless she is as hot as the porn stars seem to be. Although I never had that problem, I did feel like I wasn't crazy about her like I was for most part of the relationship.

If you don't watch porn, you will get a ***** by seeing most chicks naked. If you watch a lot of porn this might not happen with most girls.

It has this effect on some guys and not on others.

Also, normal women cannot do what pornstars do. It's too fast for them and too rough. Even in comparison to mild porn.

My advice: if you want to jerk off, do it to hentai manga pictures... no video. It will do the same job while not building up unrealistic expectations.

Also, I must say that even though unrealistic expectations about sex are transmitted through porn... unrealistic expectations about relationships are transmitted through every day media. Since when is providing, being a good man, not cheating not enough? It's ridiculous. Women's standards are through the roof and they can't even match them. No, they think those expectations are real. They don't realize that The Notebook is a movie.

Can t porn give some Women unrealistic expectations of men? We re not all Mandingo or John Holmes or even close.

• Because it does! Porn is so hypnotic that it alters people's perception of reality. And most men cannot differentiate between the two. They don't know the women are acting happy and aren't really happy to be doing those things. They don't know the women are being treated harshly by the men. They think this is normal and acceptable when it isn't. Also as one guy said after getting high on porn, one develops a phobia of real women. Its weird but porn scares men into thinking that women must behave like sluts if they love them and also makes them think their penis isn't big enough when in reality the pornstars have overlarge penises that don't pleasure women but stretch and hurt them. If you notice the women rarely moan in porn. In porn the man's needs are important than the woman's and he is to be pleased by her without him needing to please her. How can that be good for society or for individuals? Its cruel.

Because they don't have critical thinking skills (which is why most of these people are either radical feminists or ultra right-wing conservatives).

Just like I don't feel like going on a killing spree if I watch Arnold Schwarzenegger movies, neither do I expect women to look and act like porn stars. I (like the vast majority of people) are able to distinguish between reality and fantasy. If you can't, then you are the problem (and not the porn or action flick).

I will never understand why this is even argued. Probably some stupid sociology or psychology major who is looking for an easy A on their dissertation.

In porn there the women are always ready for sex. There is no consideration for her needs. She is there is solely for the gradification of the man, or men, in the movie. And the women are professionally made up.

Real women get tired. There are some sexual acts she will not perform. Women who have children gain weight and get stretch marks. You see none ofthat in porn. Unfornutately there are a lot of men who hold women in porn up as the norm, not the exception. They're usually angry and frustrated.

Well I agree with both points.

Your right it does insult the intelligence of people that separate the difference between staged & reality. Clearly you feel you seperate the difference. But you say most when infact I personally have been with a few men that don't separate the differences & really do have porn expectations, & of course men who do seperate the difference. Can't assume because you infact seperate this difference the same is applied by other men.

When I was young I thought movies and porn had real life qualities. As I grew older I had a reality check and life made more since.

Totally agree really.

I mean I know Rambo doesn't give me a realistic view of war.

WHY would one assume it's different in porn movies?