dani asked in HealthWomen's Health · 8 years ago

How do I share the news?

I am pregnant and want to tell my coworkers but I am not sure how? I am not particularly close to any of them not in a bad way but I'm just not. I feel like it would be odd to let them see my stomach get big and not acknowledge to them that I'm expecting. Any suggestions?

If this were me I would make it fun for you and all of them. Have you seen the cakes you can get where the middle is either pink or blue? When you find out the sex of the baby why don't you take in one of those cakes and tell them you thought you would share something with them. If they don't get the hint when it is cut open tell them it is a girl cake or a boy cake and I am sure they will get the hint. By being open and honest with them you may get some close friends out of it and maybe even a gift or two or better yet a baby shower. People love babies and you can never have enough friends when you are having a baby. Make it fun for you and fun for them and that will help take away any fears you might have.

Best wishes and congratulations!

Probably all you have to do is tell one person and the news will likely spread. People love talking about that kind of thing. Mention it to someone you feel a little closer to, or at least tell your manager, since you'll probably want mat leave anyway and they should know that

send yourself a flower or balloon bouquet with "CONGRATULATIONS" on it and when they ask, tell them you are expecting