Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 years ago

I want to exercise, but when I do, my side hurts?

I know its common...but, it keeps me from doing it! And I can't push through it because of how excruciating it is. It makes that option impossible. Drinking water makes it worse. Stretching before doesn't help much either.

And it happens like literally 3-5 minutes after I start. And then I have to stop because the pain is so bad. Stopping completely is the only way to relieve it.

And btw, my workout is Just Dance. If that says anything xD

And btw, I don't want to know why, I want to know how to stop it.

I already know why. I'm unfit okay xD

Not fat though. Just out of shape xD

I know you said it is excruciating but you do just need to work through it, however there are a few things you can do. When i was quite unfit and just started long distance running i would get a stitch also.

Try lying on your back and pulling your one leg, bent, towards you (on the side it hurts) and try to touch your knee with your face. Remaining on your back. It should contract the muscle which hurts and lead to a slightly better feeling. Hope this helps!:)

Source(s): i know it fucking hurtso.o

I would say it sounds like you are lacking potassium. Also water won't stop it but if your always hydrated and have proper amounts of water in your body it will help. Eat bananas

Don't eat or drink before you start it. Keep atleast 1+ hour break