Denied unemployment, should i file appeal?

I was recently let go because I used a managers log in information to process an unemployee transaction for another employee (I agree it was stupid/wrong, but we were swamped with customers) anyways my manager was looking for any reason to fire and notified a higher up manager. ..i was canned...I was never given a warning/verbal or anything and i was still learning all of their policies...however in the unemployment benefits determination letter. They said despite warnings and other explicit instructions...I was never warned, this was a first offense, and it wasnt theft..do I stand any chance winning an appeal? I never signed any seperation papers agreeing to the aforementioned. ..feedback would be nice, thanks

You need to review the company's policies. You always have a "chance" of winning an appeal, so of course, you should file. You have nothing to lose. Since the company said you had received warnings, they will be held accountable to explain and prove that statement. I do not understand why you had a manager's log in information to start with, as most company's have policies against that as well. Did the manager violate policy by giving it to you? Or were you simply working under his log-on when you processed the transaction, but did not actually have the information? Does the policy prohibit doing that? Anyway, see it through. And either way, let this be a lesson for the future. Don't do things you know are wrong.

you can try to appeal but you will fail.

you were fired with cause - "I used a managers log in information to process an unemployee transaction for another employee" you even say it was "stupid and wrong" KNOWING that what you did was not the correct way to work your position. this disqualifies you from unemployment

you have absolutely no legal right to a warning.

where do you get that it says anything about "theft"? it says explicit instructions...... that means nothing close to theft.

you will lose. you did something wrong, you know you did, and you pretty much only get unemployment when you are let go due to no fault of your own.

• wizjp

Appeal. Just don't plan on winning.

"I was never given a warning/verbal or anything": not required for every event.

"I never signed any seperation papers" :Lots of people refuse to sign them. No joy there

" I used a managers log in information to process an unemployee transaction for another employee "

Which I could see some members of an appeal board turning your down for.

yes