Graciie asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 years ago

Do you think I am fit to climb Mt Kilimanjaro?

I am a 13 year old girl. My dad, two brothers and me and going to Africa in January for a week in a safari. However, my oldest brother is going out the week before as he is going to climb Mt Kilimanjaro. I've said I wanted to and he has agreed to take me along. But my parents are saying I can't. My mum doesn't want me to, mainly because of health and safety and my dad said I can go when I save up for it (it costs around £500- £1000). I'm thinking, if I set my mind to it, get fitter, do it for a charity I can get the money. It's not some thing I want to do. I feel like I NEED to. For the experience and knowing that if I did it for a charity I would be helping someone else, and also by doing it at a young age, I think it makes it much more of an achievement (I'll be 14 by the time I do it).

So do you think I can? What are the facts?

Thanks in advance :)

Mount Kilimanjaro is a trekking height so that you dont must worry about being competent to climb. It is a strenuous trek, the essential obstacle you'll ought to face is the altitude. There's no approach of understanding how you're going to take care of the excessive altitude except you're on the mountain but that you may take precautions to not make matters worse. Take your time, drink plenty of water, eat competently, take heed to what your chief/guide tells you and you must be first-class. Go for it! Do some study on trekking the mountain, study abit about slumbering in tents and so forth, so that it will additionally please your mom and dad. Just right luck!

My parent's did Kilimanjaro when we lived in Africa , they were very fit but found it a struggle to do it.

I'm not sure seeing as you're pretty young and your bodies strength potential hasn't got to it's maximum. I'd wait till atleast 16 or so..