does a non costodial parent paying child support have to pay for birth control for the chld?.?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I should make it clear right off the bat that as a Roman Catholic, I don't believe in either prenatal sex or birth control. That aside, let's look at this issue from a practical point of view....say financial.

Ask the non-custodial parent, would he rather pay for nine months of prenatal care for his minor daughter, plus the cost of in hospital child birth, OR pay for her monthly birth control? Unfortunately, there is no way we can force our minor daughters to keep their legs closed and unless we lock them up, we can't keep them from getting pregnant, if that is what they want to do. No one can keep an eye on his kid 24/7. Frankly speaking, it only takes a few seconds of penetrative sexual activity for a girl to get pregnant.

So...assuming you can force her to take the pills, wouldn't it be cheaper to pay for birth control then for a baby? Personally, I think it would be even cheaper to raise your child with a strong sense of morals and self-esteem so that she doesn't devalue her body and let some teenager use her for cheap thrills. Good luck and God bless.

• Bruce
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Medical expenses should be outlined in the court order. Generally, medical expenses are split between the two regardless of who has placement unless there is something else listed in the court order.

That is, of course, if the pills are prescribed by a doctor. If there is no prescription, the custodial parent pays.

• Mutt
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

According to Obama, ******* your boyfriend is required, so insurance must pay for it. So who ever pays your insurance is already paying for it.

• 8 years ago

only if you are court ordered to pay for medical bills.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

No.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.