I want my short-cut to the horizontal border option back!!!! Help!!!?

There is a shortcut in Word 2007 that if you type in '---' , you get a horizontal line. By mistake, I stopped that default option!!!! But now I SERIOUSLY want that shortcut back!!!! Can anyone please help me??? It helps me a lot when I am writing for FanFiction. PLEASE help!!! It means a LOT to me!!! Thank you for taking the time to look at my question!!!!

PS: My name is ApekshaStar on FanFiction. Many people ask me, so I put it in beforehand!!! ;)

1 Answer

  • Fred
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    It appears that you have been playing around with Word options. This is dangerous if you do not know what you are doing.

    I will suggest 2 things to correct this: run the FixIt program. If that doesn't cure things, find normal.dotx and delete it. This is the template for new docs and a lot of options are stored here. Word will create a new copy when it can not find the copy you deleted. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541/en-us?p=1

    Paste this at the Start button, navigate to normal.dotx and right click to delete:


    EDIT: Third possibility- go to Control Panel as if you are going to uninstall Word. When you select the program to uninstall you will be offered a choice to repair the program. Do this.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.