How do i tell if my parents will be ok with mehaving a second child?

I got pregnant with my first child at 17. I had her at 18. My parents were understandably upset and disappointed. They love her to death now. Recently my fiance ( Bio father of my daughter) and I have been talking about having our second child together. I am going to be 21 in a few months so its not like I'm still a teen. My mom was a teen mom with me and had my little brother at 19. Is there a way I can tell if my parents (and stepdad) would be alright with me having another child? My fiances parents drop hints about us having more. Any suggestions?

Favorite Answer

I think you should sit them down and tell them you have stable income and you will be happy if your first child has a brother/sister and not to worry. Tell them you're not a little kid anymore and it's really something you really want. Regardless if they don't agree it's all up to you in the end. Hope this helped and good luck! xx

• Hannah

If you are in a stable relationship (which it sounds like you are if you have a fiancé), finished with school, and can financially provide for another child, then they should be okay with it. But if you are in college and busy with school, or still need financial help from your parents, then I could see why they'd be opposed to it. That would just mean another child for them to help support. And if you're working and going to school, it can be hard to juggle work, school, and two children.

• y

Why is he still a fiance? Are you living at home or with him in your own place? If you two are supporting yourself, together, in your own place, without any type of assistance. I can't see why it would be any type of an issue. If you're still in your either parents house and they or the government are helping you guys get by, then don't have another kid.