Jinxy asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 years ago

How do I lose weight without gaining muscle?

I am currently 18, 6'/6'1", and 200lbs. I have a lot of extra fat on my stomach and thighs. I want to lose the fat, but not put on much muscle. I like looking skinny. I want a flat stomach and a thigh gap. My prefered weight is 160lbs. How do i drop 40lbs of fat? I am currently in college, so my food choices are very limited. I will be out in a month, so that is something to consider as well. Thanks for any and all help.

29 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Food choices are actually pretty irrelevant when it comes to losing weight, its quantities that are important.

Find out how many calories you should be eating to lose weight here:

http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html

...and stick to it. If losing weight is your primary goal then it doesn't matter where these calories come from, as long as you're eating the right amount.

Controlling your diet is probably the best way to lose weight if you don't want to be putting on any muscle.

Good luck!

• 4 years ago

pick your own apples strawberries or other fruits and veggies

• 4 years ago

take a break from mayo with mustard

• 8 years ago

Well try going on walks for at least two hours and for food wise avoid junk eat healthy like salad or just cut back your meals it helps

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Paula
    Lv 5
    4 years ago

take a 30 second break in the middle of your meal evaluate just how hungry you still are before getting back to your food

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

a mediterranean diet not only comes with heart benefits studies show it leads to more weight loss than low fat diets

• 4 years ago

eating water rich foods such as melons tomatoes and celery can help fill you up without adding too many calories to your day

• 5 years ago

chew calorie free gum for 9 hours

• Bianca
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Eat grapefruit before each meal

• Tania
    Lv 5
    4 years ago

While you re going to vacation take some fitness accessories along with you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.