Final boss of Dark Souls how do you beat him?

I hear that if you take along a fire Mage he is really easy and that if you have a strong shield you can block most of his damage what shield should I take and could I please have your gamer tag if you are a fire Mage I need the help thank you

the black night shield is the shield i have but if im not so good at parrying would it be a good idea to keep the parrying dagger with me to use against him?

Favorite Answer

any shield that has 100% physical defense will do just fine. The best and easiest way to defeat Gwyn is to parry his attacks and riposte him afterwards.

If you don't know how to parry, it's as simple as doing a strong attack with your shield. Parry him as he is about to hit you and if you do it right, he'll be left open for a riposte that will do a tremendous amount of damage.

he has a huge parry window so it is incredibly easy to do it. When I got to him the first time, I wasn't even that great with the parry concept and I found him to be easily parried.

These are the tactics that worked for me:

- The easiest strategy would be to use Iron Flesh combined with Havel's armor and parry Gwyn's attacks to defeat him. Blocking his first swing and parry his follow-up should make the parry more consistent. (The Dragon Greatsword can stagger him as well, 2-handed him while on Iron Flesh)

- Also a fairly easy strategy is to hide behind one of the large rocks near the center of the room so he hits the rock rather than you; when he goes for a grab and misses go in for a hit and back off. You can also hit him after he finishes his 3-4 hit combo.

- Keep him away from you as much as possible so that his attacks will not hit you as easily

I find it easy to block, block, forward roll when he doing his big string of attacks. Also, like Silverjack stated, parrying his attacks correctly will make him one of the easiest bosses in the game. If you need practice for this, just work on parrying each of the black knights at the Kiln of the First Flame. Just go through and area as many times as you need, and homeward bone back at the end. I am sure you will have a better understanding of the tactic once your practice it there.

Source(s): 350+ Hours of Dark Souls

These are the techniques that labored for me: - The easiest procedure may also be to use Iron Flesh mixed with Havel's armor and parry Gwyn's attacks to defeat him. Blocking off his first swing and parry his conform to-up should make the parry more steady. (The Dragon Greatsword can stagger him as good, 2-surpassed him whilst on Iron Flesh) - moreover a moderately effortless procedure is to cover behind one of the most important colossal rocks close the core of the room so he hits the rock instead than you; when he goes for a take hold of and misses go in for a success and again off. That you just could additionally hit him after he finishes his three-four hit combo. - continue him remote from you as lots as possible in order that his assaults won't hit you as readily