how to freakin slow down music in logic pro 8?

i have no clue how to slow or speed up the sound,please...help!!!!

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

It depends on what you mean. If you mean that you've made a piece of music using midi and you want to slow down the tempo, then you can just turn down the tempo in the transport bar at the bottom of the window. It's default setting will be 120.00 BPM. If you mean that you have a piece of audio that you want to slow down, then you have to load the piece of audio into an audio track, and then double click on the audio region to bring up the sample editor. From there you can click on the 'factory' tab (with the audio region highlighted) and open the 'Time and Pitch Machine'. Underneath the 'Destination' header there will be a box with a percentage which will be set to 0.0000. Reduce this percentage by however much you would like to slow down the audio and then you can 'Prelisten' to listen to it, or press 'Process and Paste' to process the piece of audio and put it in the old ones place. There are two things to be aware of though when doing this:

1. The more you reduce the speed of a piece of audio, the more distorted it will become. The pitches will be slightly off and it will have a sort of 'flanger' effect. Logic is pretty good at reducing this as much as possible though.

2. Processing the audio like this can be quite demanding on your CPU so I would recommend that you save your work before trying this and also close as many other applications as you can.

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions.

Source(s): Knowledge of Logic Pro
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.