Do you need a certain GPA to join the Marines?

I am currently a freshman in high school and I want to join after HS. I have heard that all you need is a high school degree, is that true?

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Right there with you. Yes, all you need is your high school diploma. However, you should really do your best because you may not be able to enlist. Forgive me for judging, but I often hear people talk over confidently about joining because they think it is easy. Forgive me if this isn't you. My uncle was a marine and lost his leg, and his brother, my other uncle, lost his life. It infuriates me when I hear casual talk about this type of thing.

All you need is a diploma, but you also need to score high on the ASVAB to get the jobs you want in the Marines.

You just need to graduate and score higher than a 32 on the ASVAB. But this doesn't mean you shouldn't try hard in school. Try and score higher than the minimum on the ASVAB, because they use the scores from it to determine your MOS.

All you need is to graduate to qualify for enlistment.

Just keep in mind you should always try to do your best while in high school. You may not be allowed to enlist or you might change your mind, so don't blow off your grades just because you plan to enlist.

Source(s): A website for future Marines: http://www.futurejarheads.org/

Nope. They don't care as long as you got a diploma.

A good ASVAB score is what you need for most jobs.