Le Peel asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Why do Liberals presume they are having a serious talk about Guns when they call Magazines "Clips"?

Update 2:

It proves that they are not qualified to write Firearms legislation.

Update 3:

Glenn, the Second Amendment is not for hunting. A well trained militia is not for hunting.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Rupert
    Lv 4
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It's not petty semantics to not know anything about the subject you are debating. The worst part is that many of the politicians voting on legislation don't know what the terms in the legislation actually mean (reference " the shoulder thing that goes up" as a great example)

When somebody makes an argument using the term 'clip' it is an instant flag that that person does not know the subject matter.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Still assuming no "WWE" capabilities: Terry Funk. As I said before, if he could not out-battle you he'd out-fight you. If he couldn't out-battle you, he'd out-"crazy" you. Bret Hart. Hate to look Dynamite leave so soon, however the Hitman would just out-struggle him and make him faucet to the Sharpshooter. Sting. A bit of better wrestler than Savage, I suppose. Sting would win via submission to the Scorpion Deathlock. Chris Benoit. Rattling...What a suit-up! Chris' strength capabilities stands out as the change right here. Dean would ultimately tap to the Crippler Crossface. Kurt perspective. As pleasant as Owen was, so is Kurt. Kurt's meaner and extra ferocious. No submission right here, Kurt would just have to put on Owen out and pin him. Hulk Hogan. Hogan CAN battle. He is higher and enhanced than Austin, too. The Undertaker. Shawn's just right, real good. I just feel the Undertaker can beat him. Ric flair. Aptitude had no drawback out-wrestling the tremendous guys. The Rock would be no one of a kind.

• justa
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

A while back I realized that picking apart details and disputing terminology was a tactic to avoid the problem.

I'm not writing legislation, no one here is either. The people who do write it know the difference.

The second amendment is not for hunting, neither is it for killing other Americans, it was for the defense of the population against invasion from the British, the French, the Spanish, Mexicans, and Native Americans depending on where in the country you lived. It wasn't to protect against our own government.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Why do you pretend it is so much more serious to use the term "magazine?"

Must I get my grandfather out of his grave to inform you that this word means storehouse? That a typical "conservative" would spend twenty minutes wasting your time and then claim he didn't mean a magazine, but a magazine? The two dollar word doesn't make you serious.

It's as if you know what a dictionary is, but don't use one.

Or more likely, you joined the army, where the government taught you a different definition of six dozen words and that those definitions make you superior.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

LOL

FAIL

NRA is no more than a corrupt lobby. Gubber Norquist is even on the board.......

The true American Militia realizes there are insect sized drones and the Koch Brothers Tea Party is the enemy

• 8 years ago

Why do you presume that asking a question on YA! is "serious talk"?

It proves that you're adding nothing to the discussion, only looking to get patted on the back by people who think the same, or you're trying to rile up people who disagree.

Congratulations, you've accomplished nothing.

• Pat
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Because clip sounds cooler than magazine.... and they seriously just don't understand what they are talking about.

I went several rounds with a liberal who was convinced that AR, as in AR-15, was an acronym for "Assault Rifle".

Glenn, you are unwittingly proving yourself to be ignorant on the topic. A magazine is spring fed, a clip is not. The words are not interchangeable. FYI, Remington didn't write that description, Brownell's the distributor did.

Clips are typically used to load magazines.

Glenn, seriously, you can go here and educate yourself. http://www.minutemanreview.com/2008/09/clip-vs-mag...

• Bug
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Because a magazine is a periodical that a person reads.

So I guess you're not being "serious" either.

• cons have no ideas what they are talking about when they say the word "welfare"... which program? which state? there are hundreds of programs...and you don't have the faintest clue beyond something glen beck was crying about...

but you're getting upset about using some slag when it comes to one gun part and say that means that we can't talk seriously about guns overall? lol

really?

if getting a few terms wrong means you're clueless on a topic... beyond guns and business... cons shouldn't say much at all about anything...

• N
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Petty semantics is not part of the debate.

If you want to bicker over minor wording issues, then you are the one not taking this seriously.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.