Megan
Megan asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 8 years ago

Tips on keeping red wasps away without spraying poison everywhere?

We tried hanging bags of water but that doesn't work

• Marduk
    Favorite Answer

You'll have to get wasp traps, it's that or poison there is no good way. It would be nice to reason with them and get them to nest in the woods but not gonna happen. If you get a wasp trap put it far away as possible because it will attract a LOT of wasps. I feed mine with a hummingbird feeder cause I'm a gardener and they kill bugs. If you go that route it will work too, put a hummingbird feeder far from where you sit and remove the bee guards in it. The bee guards are usually yellow plastic things in the middle of each "nozzle". They will go to the feeder and not bother you. I hate killing things, I will do it if I have to but I would rather not.

I know you don't want to spray poison, but that's the best luck I've ever had.

Every year, when the weather starts getting warm, I check all around looking for new forms of wasp nests. We have a pool deck that surrounds our pool and if I see more than one wasp, I head under the deck with my can of "poison" and have always found a nest. If you look frequently, you will find there isn't much need to "spray poison everywhere" because you'll catch things early.

They have their place in the world, but I don't let them make it in my personal space. I only spray when I see a nest, I don't just spray at ones flying by. Good luck.

• gilles

Fill a empty milk jug with water and a a million/2 cup of sugar. pass it to the furthest factor away out of your supplies which you would be able to with out putting everybody in ability probability. I desire I had a greater useful answer. My blk lab develop into attacked via hundreds of wasp final summer season. It develop into the greater serious situation i ought to witness and not in any respect desire that upon everybody. My bear,bear lived whether.. I gave him Benadryl superb away and crammed a bowl with ice so he ought to suck on the cubes. He had stings interior the mouth,ears,nostril, eyes swollen closed. It develop into destructive. To in the present day that's a conflict for me. They stay in holes interior the floor here in IL. The sugar water enables detour them far off from the living house. I only could complication approximately bear looking yet another hollow interior the floor and putting his head in it back. sturdy success too you.

• nosdda

Spray them with hair laquer. It sticks to their wings and stops them flying.