a sonnet with abababcdcd with 10 syllables per line?

on food or love

Favorite Answer

That would be a pretty short sonnet -- only 10 lines, according to your rhyme scheme -- but not a Hopkins-style curtal sonnet because some of the lines would be too long.

But if you want to write something to that specification and call it a sonnet, I'm not going to stop you. Have fun.

• defoor

What love ought to do to me! How ought to i understand? As thunder crashes, bolts unstitch the sky. i idea I understood, yet then the blow replaced all. sturdy bye, previous acquaintances—sturdy bye, sturdy bye! They fell, like castles bombed and ruined, quick, even as earthquakes hit and God’s decree comes down On village, cottage, pillar, sail and mast, On circuses, amusements, (juggler, clown). interior the international the puny themes we do can’t very last. All falls from love! hence touched, all individuals understand the sky And stay as we've been meant to stay in life, Can opt for for yet another, tie the holy tie, The knot of significant different and guy and guy and significant different. It begins with kisses, strikes to fuller bliss: Our excitement and misery proceeds from this.

I watched him for a few moments

Do you know he ate like a pig.

I thought the smell of bacon

might just have improved his manners.