Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Anyone believe in reincarnation as a Christian?

I am a Christian, but I have had this terrible feeling that I was reincarnated. Since I was a kid, I had a memory as a child of about three years old living in a very humble one room building with a woman and a slightly smaller child. My memory is that of events that happened on a few days.

I remember sleeping in a crib while the woman and other child, crying for no other reason than for attention.

I remember the woman trying to iron with an old fashion heavy iron, made of iron that sat on a stove to heat up, I keep getting in her way trying to reach for the iron. Finally, I grabbed it when her back was turned and burned myself.

I remember playing in a dirt yard with the other child among a pile of red bricks. The woman brings us cookies. Like a hog I eat them quickly and want more. The other child still has a cookie she is in the process of eating. I demand it from her. When she resists, I beat her up. I am filled with remorse and cry with her.

I remember having pigs in the yard. I let one of them out of the pen and chase it down the road. And that was it for me.

These were such detailed memories for me, that I shared them with my mother, grandmother and aunts once when we were sitting down together. And asked them about who the woman and child were. They looked at me puzzled. They said I had never been left with anyone and no one ever had a house like the one I described. So, I would occasionally ask other family members who were adults when I was a child. I got the same response.

These were memories, not dreams. Someone said that since I had held on to the memories as a child, that I recalled a reincarnation. Has anyone ever had such an experience that they recall some things that others say never happened?

Just saying: I don't know. Maybe Hindu did not work out for me in that life and wanted to try Christianity.

Just to clarify. I did not set out to believe in reincarnation. I am a Christian. I had memories that everyone denies happened. Those memories took place on different days and I had those memories since I can remember.

Favorite Answer

The concept of reincarnation is completely without foundation in the Bible, which clearly tells us that we die once and then face judgment (Hebrews 9:27). The Bible never mentions people having a second chance at life or coming back as different people or animals. Jesus told the criminal on the cross, "Today you will be with me in paradise" (Luke 23:43), not "You will have another chance to live a life on this earth." Matthew 25:46 specifically tells us that believers go on to eternal life while unbelievers go onto eternal punishment. Reincarnation has been a popular belief for thousands of years, but it has never been accepted by Christians or followers of Judaism because it is contradictory to Scripture.

The one passage that some point to as evidence for reincarnation is Matthew 17:10-12 which links John the Baptist with Elijah. However, the passage does not say that John the Baptist was Elijah reincarnated but that he would have fulfilled the prophecy of Elijah's coming if the people had believed his words and thereby believed in Jesus as the Messiah (Matthew 17:12). The people specifically asked John the Baptist if he was Elijah, and he said, "No, I am not" (John 1:21).

Belief in reincarnation is an ancient phenomenon and is a central tenet within the majority of Indian religious traditions, such as Hinduism, Sikhism, and Jainism. Many modern pagans also believe in reincarnation as do some New Age movements, along with followers of spiritism. For the Christian, however, there can be no doubt: reincarnation is unbiblical and must be rejected as false.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/reincarnation.html#ixz...

Source(s): TR
  • gilles

real Christians don't have self belief in reincarnation. Hebrews 9:27 states that it is appointed that guy could die only as quickly as and then the judgment. Humanity is the crown of God's advent so he will possibly on no account deliver us back as something else. We in effortless terms get one existence to make a option to stay with him or no longer.

• Ruth

The Bible says there is no reincarnation.

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment

Hebrews 9: 27

If you believe in reincarnation, you are not a Christian. They are incompatible beliefs.

For it is appointed for man to die once, then comes the judgment. (Hebrews 9:27)

Why would I reincarnate as a Christian? I'm atheist.

No, I honestly do not believe in reincarnation.

The Bible speaks about one life then eternal life. =)

I've purposely killed carnations before. That count ?