What is the typical income level that receives a pell grant?

I'm considered an independent student and currently hold an associates degree. I would like to go back to school but I simply cannot afford it. I applied for fafsa but have not heard anything yet - I'm wondering, typically, what income levels receive federal pell grants. I'm located in Minnesota if that makes any difference.

Favorite Answer

Generally speaking people who qualify for the maximum pell grant live below the poverty level.

With a view to acquire a pell grant you have to qualify situated on your earnings ( tax return) both yours or your mothers and fathers. Looks like your earnings has long gone up from last yr. Thats why it's showing the EFC 5246. You can also now not qualify this yr. You might next year so long as your earnings is inside the instructions of the fafsa. Ps. I do not consider any correction can support you except you made a mistake about your total gross sales.

• 하하

As a single, childless independent student, you will not qualify for any grant money if your income is around $25,000 or more. The actual cutoff is slightly under 25k, based on personal experience. To receive the maximum grant of $5500, you would have to be closer to probably $10,000.

I have a friend... single with no dependents.. independent student

income is $17,000 per year

does not qualify for any grant aid because the income is too high above poverty level

according to department of education, poverty level for a 1 person household is just over $11,000

http://www2.ed.gov/offices/OSFAP/DirectLoan/RepayC...

you can check with state of minnesota to see if you qualify for any state fin aid