Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

If salvation is not dependent on works, how is it faith alone Christians condemn members of certain Christian?

faiths to an eternal hellfire because of their WORKS (actions/doctrines)!

JWs and their blood policy--- works

JWs and their rejection of the trinity----works

30 Bad Fruits of Counterfeit Christian Religions

http://www.counterfeitchristians.info/

Update:

JOE----You need to look up the definition of the word ALONE. If salvation is by grace ALONE nothing else can be added.

Update 2:

YOU need to stop listening to ANAL/NARROW MINDED clergy.

Update 3:

@Brad----If Christians are judged as True or Counterfeit by their works...isn't it the same as saying those good works or bad works...save or prevent you from being saved?

Works includes ACTIONS and DOCTRINES/TEACHINGS.

Update 4:

Are counterfeit Christians saved? And how do you know they are counterfeit, by their fruits/works?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

James 2:17King James Bible

Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

Clearly those Christians who do not think works are important do not follow Gods word the bible , maybe it's time for them to seek out a faith that follow the bible.

They too can learn to be a true Christian just like the Jehovah's Witnesses who follow the bible , not just go to a church to have their ears tickled & run others down who really follow the bible or to excuse their own lack of knowledge & laziness

• ilyse
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

It’s notably uncomplicated. The question is what comes first – or what motives what. actual Christians have faith that good works are the needed effect of a real saving faith. Jehovah’s Witnesses, on the different hand, have faith that good works are the reason in the back of why/how somebody gets stored and remains stored. of direction, the two JWs and Christians have faith that good works are “needed” for a real Christian believer. whether, actual Christians think of of it like a fruit actual. If I unexpectedly switched over you into an apple tree, then you definitely could produce some apples – thereby proving what style of a tree you're. yet each so often apple trees have “undesirable years.” That doesn’t cause them to something. further, no stored guy or woman “loses” his salvation as a results of fact he didn’t score adequate God factors. Jehovah’s Witnesses try to get into paradise earth via their good works. regrettably, Jehovah God has a common for people who're utilising this technique. And that typical is absolute (a hundred%) perfection. So how is that going for you JWs? is that this a prevailing approach? you already know what. I’ve thought approximately. And all issues seen, i think of I’m going to bypass with Jesus. could you care to connect me?

• 8 years ago

Condemning people to eternal torment ASIDE ( because vengeance is the Lords).

I absolutely believe that we will be judged by our works.

I do not believe we will be saved by our works.

Being the recipient of salvation should be such a powerful incentive to mankind

that we will be naturally driven to do good works because of it.

Salvation is not the same thing as a "retirement plan".

instead of paying into it now and recieving the "GIFT" later.

We recieve a gift now,...and later are judged by what what We've "DONE WITH IT" .

• 8 years ago

Anyone who believes anything other than by faith alone, by God's grace alone, in Jesus Christ alone, is believing in a false gospel and is not a Christian.

Christians do not condemn anyone to Hell, that is not within a Christian's power.

Works follow after faith, not alongside. Faith is a gift from God.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Rom_3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Rom_3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Rom_3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Rom_3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Rom_5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Rom_5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Rom_9:30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.

Rom_9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone.

Need I go further?

• 8 years ago

In the case of JW's, you are under the misconception that they are a Christian denomination. With them, it is not for their works that they are condemned; JW's are a cult, and not Christian at all !

Salvation itself is based upon faith, according to the Bible. But good works follow as emblematic of the genuineness of that faith, for faith without works is a dead faith. True faith is alive, and dynamic.

• 8 years ago

If it's all based on wishful thinking and playing make believe, who cares? Make up whatever rules you want.

• Tyvern
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Did you come here to ask a question, or just to say that everyone but Jehovah's Witnesses are wrong?

• Mkemke
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

because JWs aren't Christians :)

• 8 years ago

God only knows, literally.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.