20 year old guy looking for the way to become stylish. Can anyone help?

First of all sorry, my english is awful, so I'll just quote the part of other man's question.

"I've always been dressed by my mom. Still am as sad as it is, I'm a momma's boy. Recently, I've been growing like a weed and all my clothes don't exactly fit anymore. I'm away from home at college so, I can't really have my mom help me out and I'm a fool when it comes to dressing myself." The worst thing is that I don't know anything about fashion now. I don't wanna be the guy who have to ask what to wear anymore. I want to become independent and I'm really interested in learning this fashion thing. What would you advice me to do first? Maybe reading magazines (which ones?) or something else?

I would be thankful for any help.

P.S. About magazines and other stuff - I can easily understand them if they are in english. I'm just not good at expressing my own thoughts yet.

• Ferg
    Favorite Answer

You can check out

http://www.attireclub.wordpress.com/

They have nice articles that are complete and will help you step by step I guess.

• Ribbon

Style is partly what you wear, but mostly comes from your personality. How do you want the world to see you? Do you want to look easy-going and comfortable, do you want to look cutting edge, do you want to look professional? Go to the mall and window shop. Look at the mannequins and if a style or piece of clothing catches your eye, go in and try stuff on. Don't worry about if it will look good on you, just put it on and see how you feel. The sales people working can give their opinions and suggestions and are often a big help in selecting the right pieces to add to your wardrobe.

Oh my I can help!!!!!

Okay, since you said your tall, then you would look great in jeans. Okay here is some basic styles, like for school or just running errands.

Basic--- Light blue or blue jeans with a simple colored shirt or a T shirt with a sweater. No hoodies! As for shoes, converse, vans or boat shoes. Add some accessories such as a belt or a hat every now and then.

Going out--- Dark blue jeans or black pants. With a very dressy shirt. Dressy shoes. You can wear ties or suspenders. Nice dark hats.

Hope i helped! Just email me if you need any more help! :). XOXO

http://eu.abercrombie.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servle...

abercombie and fitch will defentely have what you are looking for.