Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Do creationists understand why we pay more attention to science than the bible?

It's not because "science is like a type of religion." It's because science has a track record for being accurate, and delivers the goods in the form of technology and medicine. Which we all enjoy, including you.

When the same level of skepticism and scrutiny used on concepts raised in the scientific arena, is applied to the bible, it falls apart completely.

It's not because we "hate God."

It's not because we "worship science."

It's because your holy book is completely worthless.

It isn't accurate about reality, it has no supporting evidence for any of it's monumentally contradictory concepts, and to be quite honest, it is really boring and poorly-written fiction.

"spiritual lessons" - I'm sorry, your credibility was entirely destroyed when you typed that out. if I want "spiritual lessons", I can go hit the bong.

@Dawn: A 'philosophically astute' person with no scientific training... should not be trying to argue against science they don't understand. That isn't to say people shouldn't argue against science, but if you want to do so, you should get properly trained to do so first. Otherwise you're just talking out of your ***.

Favorite Answer

Yes.

Romans 1:18-20 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. (19) For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. (20) For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.

That's your take on it.

While I agree that scientifically speaking the Bible is almost worthless, some elements contained herein can give us insights into history.

Need I remind you someone took the Illiad for granted and discovered Troy? Same can be said for some biblical cities. Whatever you can say about the Bible, it was also based on historical elements probably in the same way other books were. It also gives us insight as to who knew whom and many of the customs at the time.

I don't think it's poorly written fiction. I think it's well written fiction with certain stories having intrisinc moral values.

Science is not a type of religion indeed. Neither is science the sole possession of atheists, as many like to cling to and claim that their dedication to "science" as a GOD makes them morally and intellectually superior to religious people. Which, if they followed their own principles, they would discover to be untrue, although more likely. Even the Big Bang theory was not invented by an atheist. By a sitcom writter either. It was postulated first by a Catholic Priest, then tested using the scientific method to discover the truth. Because there IS only one truth.

Hope your rant made you feel good. It holds little other value in itself. It is not a question, it's a displaying of one's feelings and opinion. You also answer your own question, which is illegal on here. Anyone should report it to be deleted as it is an illegal question, but since I like you I haven't done so.

Needless attacks on someone's faith are rather redundant and ridiculous on here. The same applies to Christians attacking atheists on the sake of their beliefs, which I believe motivated this rant.

Source(s): Destroyer of Worlds. ;-)

When you speak about the Bible, you provide no specifics as to what you are referring to, so I will take it you have not read the book cover to cover. And the parts that you may have read, you most-likely did not understand; which explains your hostility. I can help you with that if you would like.

As for Science, I respect it. What I do not respect is people who "know it all" thinking they can have their way and that be the end of discussion. Please answer these: Why do we not see the evidence of current bacteria transforming into fish and coming out of water? Why do we not see the in-between man? Where is that living monkey-man? the Apes live and we live, DNA no match. If our DNA matched we could receive transfusions from chimps. The cop out answer is that I will have to wait millions of years to see changes, but our technology and fashion has evolved in mere decades hmmm. Even if it does take millions of years, you would still be able to see a living in-betweener that has not fully transformed. Also whoever came up with this idea... did they think of the lifespan of individuals. In which MOST lower species insects and animals have a lower lifespan, so how could they live long enough to transform? Especially if it takes millions of years to do so. Let that marinate before you hurt yourself and give an incomplete, irrational answer. If evolution is true Rise of the Planet of the Apes would be POSSIBLE. Nobody in the field of Science can or will ever PROVE this transformation concept. If it is true, it will still be happening. Or has evolution ceased?

The difference between Science and God is that Science can only prove what is in the physical realm (touch, taste, see, smell, hear). God is ethereal, thus cannot be proven by Science, but by logic and reasoning, and scripture.

@Richard: "It is not a question, it's a displaying of one's feelings and opinion."

It is a question. The questions is: "Do creationists understand why we pay more attention to science than the bible?"

You also answer your own question, which is illegal on here."

I don't see an actual answer to the question in the accompanying text. I see words that explain to a creationist why people pay more attention to science than the bible. If anything this might simply help a creationist understand. Admittedly, I wouldn't necessarily expect one with their head so far in the sand to do so, but some people, especially younger people, may be sat on the fence on such issues, may have been bought up as creationists, and need to see such nonsense ridiculed so they don't go on living their entire life as a lie, and then spreading the nonsense to the next generation of susceptible people.

"Needless attacks on someone's faith are rather redundant and ridiculous on here. The same applies to Christians attacking atheists on the sake of their beliefs, which I believe motivated this rant."

I wouldn't say attacks from either side are redundant. Many people are capable of being influenced either way on issues. You mention Christians attacking atheists - well the cancer of religion continues so strongly because of such constant attacks and put downs of people that simply don't believe.

Why shouldn't people fight back and say 'this is wrong - it's utter nonsense'?

If everyone that didn't believe in God just shut up, and everyone that does believe in him, continued with their propaganda, there would be more believers. The fact there is still so many in the world, shows convincing proof of this, and we can a high percentage of brainwashed people in countries where it's frowned upon to ridicule their religion, or even illegal.

There are countess more posts on Yahoo answers that are deserving of one saying 'this should be deleted it's pointless', and this certainly isn't one of them.

I totally agree with everything you wrote about science and about the idiotic bible.

Scientific discoveries make the world a better place. The bible slows down human progress because it makes gullible people stupid. The bible is just a collection of fantasies which science has disproved repeatedly.

Science is interesting. The bible is boring.

Would God be unhappy with todays society now that women are considered equal in most parts of the world?

God's a He

Jesus was a Male

Mark, Matthew, Luke and John

No female authors in biblical scriptures with the exception of short songs and prayers

No female pastors, female priests, female preachers.

Don't need to ramble on about the crimes against women.

Female came from Male (Adam and Eve)

Adam was not deceived but Eve was deceived

there are always unknowns in science, therefore an evolutionist can always invoke a rescuing device.. a philosophically astute person will not be persuaded by mere evidence ...because if he is clever

and sticking to his world view hes going to come up with a rescuing device for every evidence that

you present ...a persons presuppositions tell him what to make of the evidence ..

..

• dlc

Yes, the Bible has a very poor track record while science delivers the goods with a phenomenal track record:

- The Bible:

Leviticus 19:18 ... you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the LORD.

Deuteronomy 15:7,8 "... you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother, but you shall open your hand to him and lend him sufficient for his need, whatever it may be.

- Science:

Nuclear weapons goods:

http://www.sandia.gov/missions/nuclear_weapons/sci...

Track record:

http://www.gensuikin.org/english/photo.html

Biological weapons goods:

http://www.fas.org/programs/bio/bwintro.html

Track record:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC132643...

Chemical weapons goods:

http://www.fas.org/programs/bio/chemweapons/

Track record:

http://iranian.com/main/blog/darius-kadivar/histor...

Pharmaceutical drug goods:

http://www.bayer.com/

Track record:

http://www.usgs.gov/science/science.php?term=1693

Genetically engineered patented seed goods:

http://www.monsanto.com/products/Pages/monsanto-ag...

Track record:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2013/feb/12/...

• ?

i was raised without religion, so i understand both sides of the argument.

for the scientist, one must explore everything thats not in the text book to understand the whole truth.

stop listening to false teachers. !

as for the bible being "totally worthless" i will argue with you on that. there is much truth of spiritual lessons to be learned, and then again you have listened to false teachers to come to such a conclusion.

• Barry

I can see where believing the universe created itself out of nothing is much more logical than believing a supreme being created it