Sara asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 years ago

Will I lose weight this way?

Two weeks ago I started going to the gym 5 days a week and eating a bit healthier.

My usual daily menu:

Breakfast: Either a bottle or Bolthouse juice, or an egg white wrap.

Around 11: Yogurt and a cheese stick

Lunch: Smoothie after working out. (all types of fruit, spinach, carrots, yogurt, a little juice)

Dinner: Anything really. (I don't pig out THAT much, dinner is usually around 700 calories or so. planning to cook at home more in the future.)

At the gym I stay on the treadmill for 30 minutes, switching between brisk walking and jogging on a slight incline(I'm working my way up to being able to jog longer, can only go for abour 2 minutes before needing to slow down). I then hop on the bicycle machine for about 15-20 minutes. I then do a couple reps on the pull-down bar and occasionally jump rope for a couple minutes(again, trying to increase my stamina). I usually burn about 250-300 calories per workout.

Before working out I was weighing in at around 167 lbs. After working out for two weeks, I'm now hanging around 171. I'm only 4'11 tall. I don't look obese by any means, just a little chubby. (don't even have a double chin or anything).

Anyways. My ultimate goal weight is 130 lbs. Though I'd be happy to get down to 140.

With the plan I'm following, how long do you think it will take me?

Favorite Answer

I can't say how much weight you will lose, because I don't know how many calories you are eating. My only advice would be to eat less at dinner. You should eat the most food earlier in the day, so that it doesn't feel like you are on a diet or depriving yourself for most of the day, causing you to overeat at dinner. Eating the most at breakfast or lunch and the least at dinner will help prevent you from falling off the wagon. (if it is possible, you should eat a light snack instead of a dinner, I mean you are going to sleep soon afterwords anyways, so what's the point of eating a huge dinner?)

Sumo wrestlers actually gain weight by not eating breakfast or lunch, and then eating a huge dinner because it increases their appetite, and you don't want to do a milder version of the sumo diet, right?

odds are you re eating too fast try holding a conversation while having a meal so you re not gulping down more than you need to feel full

Add nuts and chees to salad

skip desert most days