Why are these so many brother/sister love stories in Manga/Anime?

Its not like its only anime/manga from decades ago either. I just finished watching sao and although the characters where cousins here in the west its a huge taboo. Is what we in the west refer to as incest not looked upon the same way in the far east? Looking for answers of whether or not this is a socially acceptable thing in Japanese society or if there is a specific psychological reason for the prevalence of it in mainstream media. Thank you.

Brother Sister Love Stories

• ?

It's not, it's just japanese people are creepy, well mainly anime/manga creators, and their porn producers. It's not acceptable in japan though, they don't actually like incest in real life. They just have fetishes. It's an extremely white collar nation.

Edited: I'm going to say this. Do not get your thoughts of japanese culture mixed with anime worlds. It doesn't matter what you choose. They are completely different.

I've seen in many anime and manga that even parents of main characters wanted them to marry their cousins (but not sisters or brothers) so I thought it was fine in japan this way, after all it's okay in some countries even today for cousins to get married (it's not in my country though).

I don't know anything about Anime or Japanese culture (sorry!), but I am completely fascinated and turned on by consensual romantic brother-sister incest.

Source(s): If you're interested, here's a link to a question from a nice guy a few days ago about his hot sister: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=ArsgN...

It is popular in Japan for brothers and sisters and family in general to be close,its not just in japan that they do that kind of thing. And besides sometimes there isn't that many other girls to go around in Asia.

• Cirno

it's not that it's acceptable there, it's more on catering to fetishes.

if you want to earn better make a manga that people would like right

kinda like how doujins are selling

Gr8 tale..i like it n its so real "you do no longer value your love, once you have it & repent once you lose it.. Love is the sweetest subject so on no account enable your love go in seek of a extra suited one."

Brother Sister Love Story