On my last question this Christian told me that we hear God's sound through the Bible. How stupid is that?

I asked do Christians literally hear God speak and how does he sound when he speaks and this Christian literally said that we hear God's sound through the Bible... Is that even possible?

Favorite Answer

Ask stupid questions, you'll get stupid answers.

When God speaks to us, it's more like a 'feeling' in our hearts. It's a strong feeling that you should or shouldn't do something, even if you wouldn't normally think that you should or shouldn't do that thing.

I think that person that said we ''hear God's sound through the Bible'' meant that the Bible is God's word, and what the Bible says is what God says. We read the Bible and can feel God speaking to us through it.

• How stupid is it to have your name "Chief Keefe Sosa" on Yahoo Answers? Pretty stupid.

The Bible is a book that is used by us Christians to live by. Since the Bible,contains Gods Word, God speaks to us through The Bible in a way.

popularity of a supernatural declare has a tendency to promote cooperative social relationships. This communique demonstrates a willingness to settle for, with out skepticism, the impact of the speaker in a way such as a baby's popularity of the impact of a discern. by utilising encouraging one in each and every of those habit the position the most extreme social relationships ensue it facilitates the shortcoming of skepticism and deters more beneficial open minded questioning. they're christian, Muslim or the different religions depending the position they were born because they were indoctrinated by utilising their mum and dad as very young ones. they'll go on to indoctrinate their own little ones and those will go on to indoctrinate their grandchildren!! Atheists have the mind to verify with the help of the conditioning and get away into the actual international!! Agnostics have the mind to verify with the help of the conditioning yet lack the braveness to throw of the conditioning totally. regrettably Christians are nonetheless held firmly prisoner by utilising the self perpetuating brainwashing!!

"How stupid is that?"

You know that you have no experience with God.

You know that others apparently have had same.

You don't understand how this can be.

Perhaps they know something you don't know.

Perhaps they're lying.

Perhaps they're stupid.

You jump to conclusions, in my opinion.

What's the matter with just stop at that point where you just say, "I don't understand this."

After all, lots of us don't understand a ton of stuff.

What are you afraid of?

The fact is that you will find a lot of people who have had direct experience with God, if you're tolerant, and ask nicely.

If it is possible to have a direct, legitimate experience with God, why would you turn your back on it?

Who in his right mind would turn away from such an opportunity, if it were truly legitimate.

There are a few things to ponder here. We're all going to die. We have one turn at this life, no matter what the end may hold. What on earth is to prevent us from remaining open to new possibilities? What can be the possible harm of remaining open to new discoveries beyond our wildest dreams??

I'm not talking about intellectual suicide, and I'm not talking about trying to believe in what you "know ain't true."

I'm just a bit baffled at the attitude of "I don't understand your point, so you gotta be stupid."

THE WORD OF god is truth and is revealed in the scriptures

we hear GOD speaking when we hear the birds singing, when we hear the wind, the slapping of the waves above the shore, the lull of the seagulls, the bellows of the whale and GODFORBID-the rumble of a earthquake or a hurricane.

In biblical times; god spoke to others in a recvelation, by the holy spirit, by angels, and face to face.

Jesus is our sheppard and we know his voice. The true followers of Christ read The Bible and hear the voice of their Savior. The words and the message are spiritual, and they are not intended for you to understand until you come to Christ yourself. Even though God doesn't speak to us in an audible voice, we know when He's speaking to us, and we understand the message.

There's what he literally said. And there's what he meant by it, which might not be intended at all literally.

It is confusing, and unclear unless he explained what he meant--and I take it he didn't. As to whether it's stupid: it certainly was a failure to convey what he intended to convey. But without having any idea what he meant by it, and how it reflects his own experience, I can't tell whether the concept itself is stupid or just too advanced for us to grasp.

• ?

its not stupid, they may have a spiritual gift that apparantly you are deaf to.

i heard trees singing when i publicly refused to finish watching Pochanantus (or was it ferngully too) about trees that could talk . i guarantee you, i never did drugs. and i doubt i was under the influence of any sorcery that could manipulate me hearing the song of the trees. and yet the bible actually talks about trees singing songs. go figure.

i dont know if you are misrepresenting this persons dialogue, but im sure that person does need to have a chance to defend themself.

Actually if you hold a bible up to your ear, you can hear the sound of Jesus surfing on the ocean.