Miscarriage bleeding & cramps, not sure if this is normal?

I had a miscarriage 2 1/2 weeks ago. I had not gotten my period for 5 months prior to finding out I was pregnant, but accredited it to stress from my mom passing. When I found out they tested my blood levels and I was at 272, so about 2-3 weeks pregnant, two days later they retested me due to some heavy cramping I was having and I went up 1 level to 273. The next day I started bleeding, passed tissue and have been bleeding ever since. I was told I did not need a D&C because of how early I was. However, the bleeding wasnt an issue until this morning, because I am now bleeding a bit heavier with cramps to accompany the bleeding, similar to the cramps I had during miscarriage. I do not have an assigned doctor, so if I need to go in it would have to be to the emergency room and I really do not want to go there unless this is completely not normal. Anyone know what this could be and have any advice if I should just suck it up and go to the ER? Thanks in advance!

• Anna
    Favorite Answer

I think you should get checked for a few reasons. One, you had no period for five months. It's possible you already miscarried by the time you took the blood test so without an ultrasound, who knows how far along you were. Secondly, anytime your bleeding gets heavier AND more painful, you should get checked. I bled for about two weeks after my miscarriage, but it tapered off, it didn't get worse. It is possibly some products of the pregnancy may remain. You should get checked. It's better to hear, "everything looks normal" than to not go and end up with an infection. Good luck. Anymore questions related to this you should ask in pregnancy or ttc. You may get more answers that way. Good luck hun.