IPhone 5 poor video quality?

Whenever I go on YouTube it says HD on some videos,but then the quality is horrible. I wondered if its my phone or if there's settings somewhere?? Also I have an app that plays videos of all this car stuff and they're I'm perfect clear quality, so if someone can help me it'll be greatly appreciated!

Favorite Answer

Just because a video is HD it doesn't mean the quality will be any good. The label "HD" refers to the size of the video (meaning it has either 720 or 1,080 horizontal lines of pixels) but there are many more things that determine the overall quality of the video.

An iPhone has a pretty good video camera considering its size, but it's never going to compete with a dedicated camera. It doesn't have a lens as such, just a translucent plastic cover over a very small image sensor. That means it doesn't gather light particularly effectively, leading to fuzziness in anything less than perfect lighting conditions.

To get the best from an iPhone - and there are some stunning examples out there of what can be done - you need to make sure your subject is well-lit at all times. Also, never use the digital zoom because it just crops the image and reduces the quality, and make sure you have a decent tripod or stabilising rig because the iPhone has no in-built stabiliser to counteract shaky hands.

Source(s): I'm a video producer for news and commercial projects.
  • muncie

Iphone 5 Video Quality

• Sula

iphone 5 poor video quality

I dont know to much bout the Htc one so i think iphone 5 The iphone 5 has really good things but battery life sucks and chargers arent that great and people get bored after awhile using it. But u should try looking at the samsung galaxy 3! Its the best