Felt Out of Place in Church Yesterday?

I grew up in a Pentecostal church. But as I got older I felt very drawn to the Occult. I quit church, and converted to Paganism.

More than a few things happened while I was into Paganism.

I went back to church and went for a while.

Until....

I found out the youth pastor was sleeping with one of the youth. He was

39 she had to be 16.

I left there and stopped going to church all together.

Yesterday my mom wanted me to go to church with her. I did, but felt more out of place than I ever had in my entire life.

I felt so 'un' un-everything.

Idk what to say for myself.

Favorite Answer

Me too Heidi.

You are not alone in feeling this way.

You bring up some really valid concerns with your church, and if you have left the Paganism behind, I am hoping it is because you saw some of the very real dangers that go along with it. Now, though, you sound like you are still searching for some satisfying answers. Right there from where you sit, you have the opportunity to find those answers. Go to www.jw.org. Click on the publications link, and you will see one called What Does The Bible Really Teach? You can view the full publication right from the site, or you can download it for future reference, completely free of charge. It will provide you the very answers you seek. It addresses how to find the true religion, the dangers of spiritism, and other concerns you have. It's the best advice I can give you, and I tell you truthfully, that I feel your pain. It can be so difficult to feel out of place, unworthy, lost, especially when it sounds like you are trying to make some positive steps. Keep an open mind, and don't let what you have heard from others sway you. Pray to the God of the Bible and ask him for his guidance and help, and keep searching for the truth and you will find it.

Source(s): www.jw.org
  • ?

It is not good practice to dislike an entire organization because of the behaviour of a few bad people.

It would not be good practice to judge an entire race based on he bad behaviour of a few individuals.

It would be wrong to judge your parents on a few perhaps bad decisions.

Remember the reason why you go to Church. That is what you focus on.

In time the youth pastor will need to deal with God.

By the way I am Roman Catholic and we have also faced great shame because of the bad behaviour with less than 1.5% of the priest.

I will not give up on God and the church because of it.

Oh yes it would be very convenient - then I would have a good reason not to go to Mass.

On the other hand I would also miss a wonderful way of saying thank yo to God for sacrificing His son to show His love for me.

It wasn't you but the environment. I would not worry about this, and I would explain to your mother that you aren't comfortable going to church (at least not that church) anymore because of changes in your belief system and knowledge you have about the inappropriate behavior of the pastor.

If you ever want to try going to 'church' again, I suggest you try out your local Unitarian or Unitarian Universalist congregation as many of these groups have pagan people attending and they are not 'Jesus based'.

You are welcome to check out this website: www.uua.org

dont take it to mean you are an atheist,

i too know that there is a God, and yet i have felt uncomfortable in every church but one, even in that one, i am not active anymore because of poisons in the air.

one church i went to, i seemed to inhale fire as i breathed, i concluded it was pure gaseous poison.

in antoher church, i acutally had a couple guys dressed in black following me with every step and turn i made. i was there to support a church fund raising auction.

when i went to the same church, to help envelope stuffing as a volunteer the person i was working with seemed to poison me with a toxic chemical so powerful i stood up and left. immediately, i was "high" for hours. to me these things are sorcery, NOT the spirit of God.

• star

forget about a church that is tongue-speaking ....

go to a non-tongue speaking church ...

it may not be perfect BUT more importantly ... you must give your HEART to God.

in other words, be contrite in spirit and from your heart, seek God ... sincerely.

God will forgive. In the meantime, pray that you find a church where you can pray and fellowship w others peacefully.

Isaiah 29.13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, BUT HAVE REMOVED THEIR HEART FAR FROM ME, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

welcome HOME to Father's kingdom .

If you use other people as your measuring stick, you'll never have an accurate guide. Look for what's good and decent, helps others and harms no one; then you're on the right path.

• NOT Your Self...

What To Say About The Circe (church)...

You are not the problem.

The church is the problem.

--

Regards,

John Popelish

find a better church... sounds like your problem is with the people, not the faith itself