How to know the value of my domain names?

I've recently purchased two domain names and today someone offered to buy them so I gave him a price and he just said OK. Should I sell them? Would they worth more after sometime? I tried sites that give value of domain names but I don't think such sites would know for sure how much a good domain name worth. Any ideas?

I paid for manual appraisal services and the expected values that i got were actually huge compared to my expectations (+5,000 USD per one domain). Shall I sell my domain name at this price? Is there people who buy domains at such price?

Favorite Answer

They are worth whatever someone is prepared to pay for them... depends on a number of factors including age of domain and the keywords that are in the domain - there are any number of websites that will attribute a value to your domain, but they don't men anything unless someone actually wants to buy...

Big problem with selling domain names is that you need to use an ESCROW service, they take control of the domain, and of the buyers money, then they exchange the two so that you don't get to run off with the cash and your buyer doesn't get to run off with your domains...

The sites which calculate the appraisal value for your domain, it calculates based on the keyword in that domain name ( whether it is a top level keyword ), availability of backlinks, page rank, lifetime of domain in years etc.,. As you had recently bought it the sites would give a lower value now.

The actual value depends on the person who buys your domain and his requirement. Try putting your domain name in auction and sell it if the value there is more.

selling domain names is a 100% crap shoot; I know a guy who had 15 and not one sold and others

have 1 or 2 and they get tens of thousands.............go figure...........JUST for a name with nothing behind it!!!