Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 7 years ago

$1200 Gaming Computer?

i5 3570 (non-k)

G.Skill 1600 Mhz 8GB RAM

ASRock H77 PRO4-MVP

Gigabyte GTX 660 2GB OC

Samsung 840 Series 120GB

WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Asus PCE-N15 WiFi

Pioneer Blu-Ray Combo

24" Acer Monitor

Bitfenix Shinobi Mid-Tower Case

Keyboard/Mouse, Speakers

= $1200

Can this handle recent games on 40 FPS +. Games such as: Medal of Honor, Batman series, CS: GO, WoW, Bioshock Infinite, Farcry 3?

Any suggestions? In my country the parts are quite expensive compared to that of the US. Can you not pass the limit. Suggest anyway I could save. Perhaps go for i5 3470?

Thank you!

Thanks for the kind advice, but for the rest of you I don't want to overclock. Thats why a friend of mine suggested the i5 3470. It is $20 less but has 200 Mhz less. Should I get it?

Favorite Answer

I would still get the k version may change your mind about over clocking later on .even better get the i5 3750 k

That is an awful lot of money i believe you can save money and still achieve what you want .

• Hamish

I have NEARLY the exact same setup, exact I have the k edition CPU, and blimey, the performance boost in CPU intensive games will really be noticeable with overclocking.

And, if you decide to throw in a second 660 later down the track (as I did), the CPU will become the bottleneck almost always.

So, apart from that, all good, just get the 3570k :)

Clock speed ghz nonsense is only a important factor 10 years ago.Get an i5 3350P if you dont overclock.No use getting 3470 or 3570.

Get an asus P8B75-M.

• MAHI

Good build

Don't buy 3470 stick to 3570.

if you can get 660Ti tad better but 660is ok.

When you pick wd blue make sure you get the latest 64mb cache one

• sobus

That build is overvalued for what it incredibly is and the processor expensive me . seem at this one . not one of the crab species bought in puppy shops are incredibly freshwater, they're the two terrestrial, brackish or marine (or some mixture of all 3)

That build is overvalued for what that's and the processor expensive me . seem at this one . not one of the crab species bought in puppy shops are certainly freshwater, they're the two terrestrial, brackish or marine (or some blend of all 3)

Looks perfectly fine :P

Source(s): Mod on the Linus Tech Tips forums - www.linustechtips.com