I'm building a rig would this work fine together?

Okay. so im building me a gaming rig. im looking for it to budget below the 1200 mark. would

Intel Core i5-3470 Processor

MSI B75MA-P45 Motherboard (and also can this mother board hold 2 XFX Radeon HD 7870 Graphics Cards?)

XFX Radeon HD 7870 Graphics Card

12 gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM

2TB Western Digital Caviar Black Hard Drive

NZXT Source 220 Case

Corsair Builder Series CX 600 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS (CX600)

ASUS(PCE-N15) maximum performance Wireless-N Network Adapter ( 300Mbps Transmit / 300Mbps Receive) with PCI-E interface, Include Full Height and Low Profile bracket, WPS button Support

Will all this work well together? and will the motherboard have enough room to fit the second 7870 card? and will my casing get enough air for me not to have any problems?

Favorite Answer

Put "Partspicker" into search and it tells you the power use as you add parts.

The PSU is solid. Don't know how long it last but Newegg has a good one at

650W for $69...the Rosewill "Hive" which has top ratings.

http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx

Dual channel means you will slow it down if you put three cards in for Ram...2x4G or 4x4G are fastest but 4x4G is only necessary for engineering / video editing.

The AsRock Z77 extreme3 won't break the bank either but wait for sale.

I think Newegg has the MSI 7870 for $219.

The only problems I really saw were the motherboard, case, and maybe the power supply. If I found the right motherboard, it is a MICRO ATX mobo, and it only has 1 PCI Express x16 slot for one card. You may want to try and find a standard ATX mobo. The case you may want to find a full ATX case. Power supply, I tried finding the Min. PSU requirements for a single 7870 card, but couldn't find.

Get a Z77 chpset motherboard instead and 16 or 8 GB of RAM. Also the graphics card are good I believe to put in cross-fire. but else yeah for for it, just a newer motherobard with Z77!