College doesn't offer Environmental engineering Degree?

I go to UNM and was planning on switching my major from Psychology to Environmental engineering. Then I checked the degree list and didn't see it on there, but it was in the Master's degree section, but not the Bachelors.

Why would this be, every other engineering is in both, but environmental is missing from the Bachelors. This sucks because I'm not leaving UNM and I've really grown on the idea of environmental engineering.

Suggestions for this situation?

Favorite Answer

There are very few schools that offer environ engineering as a major.

it is a sub discipline of civil engineering.....so this should be your major.

I sure the engineering program will allow u to specialize in environmental ....you can also do an internship with a private environmental engineering firm

good luck

Source(s): CE grad

Earn a bchelors degree in Civil Engineeering and a Masters in Environmental Engineering.

• Cassi

You have two choices: Choose yet another major, or change schools. There's isn't anything else, and you cannot make them offer an undergraduate program for Environmental Engineering.

Karl's answer is amazingly sturdy as properly as suited. i desire to fill interior the numerous gaps. You did no longer point out what your contemporary education and artwork journey is. those can probably supply you a head-initiate in starting to be an engineer (PE). for greater suggestion on starting to be a PE in California, you will desire to examine the FAQ from the California Board of expert Engineers and Land Surveyors, appropriate decrease than. it relatively is going to help you propose your course to starting to be a PE. additionally, i might desire to point out that there are various different artwork which would be completed interior the water/wastewater field no longer on the subject count of being a PE. in case you desire to layout wastewater scientific care vegetation, being a Civil PE is the course you're able to desire to take. notwithstanding if, in case you're seeking to be a plant operator, laboratory supervisor/worker/tech, or the numerous many different positions interior the industry, a PE is in basic terms no longer required. sturdy success.